“Going downhill” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Strada Cucina Italiana - Brighton - CLOSED

Strada Cucina Italiana - Brighton
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hove, United Kingdom
“Going downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

My 2nd review of this place and unfortunately no way as good as it was. The waiter was getting annoying after having to keep repeating what we wanted to order. But the service itself was ok. The food was bland, my partners pasta dish was tasteless, my pizza was ok but have had a lot better, but as for my rocket salad I'm afraid the rocket had seen better days and wasn't very peppery at all, with a few shavings of parmesan, infact worse rocket salad I've eaten, is it that difficult?
We had my partners two boys with us and they had to share their starter which was from the children's menu when they were supposed to get one each, and the choice of dessert for them was ice cream or an ice lolly! Over priced and poor value. My overall visit to this Strada was definitely a disappointment and I'm afraid to say will never return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Awful service and hair in food twice in a row!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I went to the strada in Brighton on Mother's Day and it was awful! I went earlier in the year and there was a long hair in the food,we went a few months later it happened again!! The front of house lady brought the bill which was wrong twice and challenged me when I said as it was Mother's Day the pudding should of been free,the front of house lady was abrupt and rude.Ive been put of going to this restaurant and will go to another Italian restaurant in future,very disappointed!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Over priced and poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I take my son for dinner every last Thursday of the month on pay day its out monthly treat and a nice way to spend time together. We decided on Strada as my son fancied pizza, and we happened to be nearby. tge starter of minestrone came and was beyond poor, it resembled watery tomato liquid with far too much pasta and no discernible vegetables. Main course came and my sons pizza was bland and the cheese had an odd flavour to it. At no point were we questioned as to why we hardly ate any of our courses and the food was just taken away when we asked. Altogether the meal cane to almost £40 and that was without alcohol, or dessert for a simple two course meal that included soup and pizza this was overpriced. In future we will go to Al Duomo as it always swerves good quality authentic Italian food at a much more reasonable price and with far more personal and friendly service.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fresh and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very happy and polite staff and great fresh food. The main was huge though so I had to leave half of it which was a shame as it wasn't cheap. Very tasty though.

Visited April 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Enjoyed the sharing starter and wine but ate too much bread to fully appreciate the main, very friendly staff worth a look in a competitive market

Visited March 2014