“Great staff and food ok”

Strada Cucina Italiana - Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I cannt fault the reception or service at Strada. Barbara was welcoming, friendly and happy to move the meal along for us to get to the theatre. Our food was tasty and well cooked, as one would expect from the kind of restaurant, and recommendations were well chosen. The restaurant appeared clean and was certainly busy: my only complaint was the smell in the downstairs toilets. Whilst they seemed clean, they smelt damp and dirty - perhaps unavoidable in a cellar n an old building. The waitress pointed out a disabled toilet on the ground floor, which my partner used. However, whilst convenient it was not too clean and we noticed staff members using it - not acceptable.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Met 4 friends in Brighton & as 1 of us had an offer for Strada that decided our choice of restaurant. The restaurant was not overly crowded but I'm guessing most people were busy rushing around in their lunchtime doing their Christmas shopping. Decor is modern and clean looking although I asked for my upholstered chair to be changed as some sort of liquid had been spilt on it in the past. Didn't want to know what that might have been and certainly wasn't going to sit on it. Waiter looked bemused but brought me another which was not exactly in pristine condition either. Get rid of them. We had a pleasant lunch accompanied by a bottle of Prosecco, served by a different charming young waiter. Food is fine, good to see a few different things on the menu such as meatballs with focaccia which a couple of us chose. Tasty, reasonably spicy. After our meal we were offered a complimentary glass of limone, of course we said yes. That was a nice surprise, costs them little but makes the customer feel valued. Some of the prices seem a tad on the high side but I suppose they are probably in line with what a lot of restaurants are charging these days. Probably explains why the top ranked Brighton restaurants on TA are the more reasonably priced ones.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This although a chain had a really friendly atmosphere.
Food was very good , with excellent flavours of Italy.
Very friendly staff and great service.
Out waiter was very attentive and happy to accomodate especially when a fly landed in my glass of processco, he replaced it immediately free of charge.
Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

let down a bit by the service if like me you enjoy eating Al Fresco.
Strada food is well thought out and consistent across their restaurants. Reasonable value. Look out for vouchers on web site such as Voucher Cloud as can get 25-30% off mains at times or combination offers. Good reliable food, but pleasse check that you have customers outside ...

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have visited Strada 4 times since last summer and I have always had the same dish which is Saltimbocca Maiale which is pork topped with sage leaves and parma ham, on a bed of creamy mashed potato, green beans and a yummy butter sauce. Very delicious. Sadly, the service is not the best and on each occasion I visited there I had been shopping and decided to stop for lunch solo. Most times it has taken a while for the person behind the bar to actually realise that I am there and then still a delay to offer the menu, drink or the bill. But, the staff are affable and efficient when serving the food and drinks. That said, I will still go there as the Saltimbocca Maiale is splendid and delicious.