“Wonderful food and service”

New Steine Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
New Steine Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #501 of 1,133 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tucked away inside the fashionable New Steine Hotel in central Brighton is an award-winning restaurant serving up homemade French food. The New Steine Bistro has a cosy Parisian vibe, and the contemporary décor has a distinct Provencal twist. Set in a five-storey Georgian townhouse, this elegant restaurant attracts business travellers and tourists as well as food loving locals, and the classic French menu is made with produce sourced from Sussex farmers. Perfect for romantic escapes, working lunches and chic dinner parties, the New Steine Bistro boasts a certain je ne sais quois. Expect gourmet Gallic treats such as steak frites with garlic butter and Béarnaise; foie gras de canard, served with warm toast; and crème brulee.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I visited the New Steine Bistro on Saturday evening,. I went with quite low expectations as we were going with a voucher that we had bought off Living Social. How wrong i was...the New Steine Restaurant surpassed all my expectations, the food was simply outstanding. We both opted for the main Duck special and it was cooked to perfection with the most delicious sauce. The service was attentive and friendly and the selection of wines were good.

I can't understand why this little gem is not busier.

Thank you for a lovely evening.

• Visited April 2013

United Kingdom
“I loved it but my partner disagreed...!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I purchased a LivingSocial voucher for the New Stein Restaurant consisting of two courses each plus a small glass of wine for £19.00 so value for money is always going to be outstanding.

The service is very friendly in this cosy "front room" restaurant. There is a maximum of 12 covers and with two wait staff your well looked after. My partner started with the tart which was nice, but the pastry was soft and squishy which often indicates it has been microwaves. I opted for the Foie Gras which was lovely!

My main dish of Moules Mariniere was fantastic and very tasty - not a speck of sand so I was also able to enjoy the broth too. However my partners meal of Duck Confit, served on a bed of Lentils & Lardons was particularly aweful. The duck leg was incredibly salty. Served on the bone we were astounded how the flesh under the skin could be so salty and came to the conclusion that the duck leg was brined. The lentis were dry and again, very very salty! This dish came with no form of sauce, and it's conception is so bizarre as why would any chef place dry ingredients together.

I enjoyed my meal, but my partner did not and her main course was so bad, we won't be returning again. We did not feel like complaining because at the end of the day, I had paid only £9.50 per person for this meal.

• Visited March 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We recently dined at the bistro and both my husband and I ordered the steak, for which we paid a supplement, but the quality was so bad we literally wrapped them up and took them home for our dogs. It was difficult to complain as the two girls waiting tables were busy booking in new residents, answering queries etc.so we just left very disappointed, and we not be going back

Brighton
“Great service, food and service”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had a lovely meal with very friendly staff in this lovely restaurant. Booking staff were friendly , as they were when we arrived. Fast and efficient service. Food was great too. Recommended.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous for the second time”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went to this restaurant on Monday with friends and it was great. It was our second visit and I must admit that I am very shy of going to a restaurant that is good mor e then one in case it is not as good. This was better, we had a delicious meal and the friends we took with us loved it too. We would recomd it to anyone. Try it you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited March 2013