“Always good”
Review of Blenio Bistro - CLOSED

Blenio Bistro
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Blenio Bistro is the first Brighton-based venture from award-winning restaurateurs Peter Bruschi and Paula Black, and this all-day bistro brings a breath of fresh air to the city’s iconic Seven Dials neighbourhood. The all-white, light-filled restaurant is decorated with bright splashes of colour and artworks by local artists, and Blenio’s menu is filled with rustic European dishes with a French twist. Perfect for business breakfasts, lazy lunches, coffee-and-cake breaks and stylish evening meals, this hip eatery attracts a trendy local crowd and we love everything from the traditional Sunday roasts and signature moules mariniere to the selection of croissants, muffins and pastries for brunch.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I live locally and probably eat here 8 times a year, always great food, good atmosphere, timely and attentive service, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Fantastic restaurant, a bit out of town which means their customers are locals and repeat business, tell you much? Great portion sizes, classic 5-5-5 menu, every dish I've had has been really well worked and well worth the money, it does not disappoint! Special mention to the staff, they are all fantastic and understand exactly what they are doing. Make sure you book.

1  Thank 110tws
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We went for our wedding anniversary meal. The restaurant is beautifully presented although maybe the tables did not need so much on them.... The staff were welcoming and charming and very helpful. We both chose the new fixed menu which was very good value and had a good choice. All the food was delicious. The only slight complaint would be hat the green beans were a little undercooked for our taste. I would return here anytime and will recommend to my friends. There are special days like fondue evening and fish and ch Thursday which sound fun! Try it out!

1  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went to Blenio Bistro for a second time for a random mid-week dinner, and having had such a lovely meal the first time I was a little nervous that it wouldn't meet our expectations a second time round- I shouldn't have been, the quality of the food was excellent and our experience was just as enjoyable.

I had the ham and puy lentil terrine to start and it was perfectly balanced and a lovely summer starter- although there was a rather odd aniseed tasting cream with it which I ignored after the first taste. My partner had tomato and aubergine soup which was full of flavour. For the mains we both had steak, again this was succulently delicious, although perhaps a little under-seasoned.

The decor of the restaurant and the friendliness of the staff is top class, and I would highly recommend a visit on a balmy summer evening. We've been looking for a favourite restaurant to replace the much loved Due South and I think Blenio might just be the one! If I had one complaint it would be that the service was really quite slow, and we had to wait a very long time to have our order taken- this didn't matter too much as we were just having a relaxing evening, but if we'd had somewhere to be later on it could have been rather frustrating.

1  Thank Laura D
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Blenio's is located in the Seven Dials Area and if you are visiting Brighton it is well worth a visit. A very short taxi ride from the seafront about 5 mins. Blenio's is like home from home to us, the decoration is lovely and it makes you feel very comfortable, with herb plants on the table, white washed tables and the lighting makes it feel very welcoming. Soft music playing in the back ground. The staff are great and Paula the owner is lovely. The food is delicious, from fresh fish to local meats. The menu changes to suit the season. We also went here for Christmas day and invited a few family and friends everyone loved it. If you are staying in Brighton do try it too as well as locals

1  Thank LondonPixie