“Exceptional Food, Value and courteous service.”
Review of Noori's

Noori's
Reserve with OpenTable
Noori's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #499 of 1,133 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
“Exceptional Food, Value and courteous service.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am a tad surprised by the mixed reviews, however I can only write my experience as it happened, and it was exceptionally good.. so much so that I felt obliged to mention it on TA.

I spent a night in the Premier Inn Hotel on business and wanting something a bit more than expenses normally allow I sauntered around the vicinity and as I was not particularly enamoured with the late April weather (it was baltic, in April, in Brighton...I know..) I spied the Nooris retaurant and ventured forth. Actually it was the pre 7pm price deal that clinched it and even though I was more or less bang on 7pm, the pleasant waiter agreed to the deal.

The food was excellent, both starter and main and the house wine was pleasantly surprising given this was supposed to be a budget deal. I couldn't fault the place at all. It was warm, clean, the staff were efficient and certainly not intrusive ( I hate it when I get pestered every 5 minutes by some jobsworth asking if everything is ok !!)

So, I confess, the waiter seemed to imply that the portions I received were larger than normal for a budget deal, but I don't know if that is just his line of chat to 'encourage' tipping. I did, but didn't realise that there was a service charge added.. my fault for not wearing my specs. Even though, I liked this place very much, felt I received excellent value for what I received..a bargain even and certainly will revisit next time I'm in Brighton !

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ken M

Wythall UK
“Excellent food and service well worth a visit!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to Noori's as we were literally passing and saw the early diner option. We were on the time limit but the waiter said we could order from his option no problem. The waiter also bought us complimentary poppadoms, lovely and fresh and tasty chutneys. The food was beautiful, plentiful and the service was very good. A thoroughly enjoyable experience excellent value for money and highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Angel_Flights
Brighton, UK
“NOORIS IS ONE OF THE BEST INDIAN RESTAURANTS AROUND!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited this wonderful restaurant in central Brighton, with friends for a celebration meal. The waiter immediately served warm poppadoms which were fresh tasting and the chutneys were very tasty!! We dined on a Sunday evening and used our Tastecard to receive a 50% discount on all food so decided to try more than usual. I had the Vegetarian mixed starter which arrived on a large platter and consisted of Vegetable Samosa, Pakora, Potato Bhaji, and Spring Roll, along with salad garnish. This was delicious, well spiced without being too hot and almost enough for 2!! My hubby had the Meat Mixed starter which consisted of Chicken Tikka, Butterfly Prawns, Onion Bhaji and Lamb Kebab. Again this was pronounced very tasty and could have fed 2 as a starter. Our friends had Prawn Puri and Dahl Soup which again were a hit. Drinks included Kingfisher and Cobra Beer, Red Wine, White Wine and a Coke
We followed with Vegetable Marsala, Tarka Dahl, Lamb Balti ( The Lamb was very tender), Chicken Dansak, Sag Aloo, 2 x Pilau Rice and Naan breads. We all had nothing but praise for the service we received and the hot lemon fragranced towels were very refreshing at the end of the meal. We were full up so declined desserts but received a complimentary portion of Gulab Jamun, small Indian Donuts in a warm syrup served with cream, which were very light and tasty!! Including the 50% off food with the Tastecard, the bill came to an amazing £56.35!!!! They are in the process of finishing off a huge extension at the back of the restaurant, which has been completed to a high contemporary spec and includes an outside area for smokers. I have no hesitation of recommending this friendly Indian Restaurant to anyone who enjoys good Indian food in nice surroundings.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Sweety1962
Hove
“Currytastic”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

A nice contemporary atmostphere. Good service and a wide ranging menu. Reasonable prices. This is slightly better than average. The curry was ok but nothing to write home about. But I would return for a after beer curry if I was local at the time.

Visited February 2013
Hurstpierpoint
“Brighton Curry Houses”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Central Brighton is a bit short of Curry Houses - but curry lovers would be advised to give this one a miss. The only thing in its favour is the free poppadoms! Surly staff, indifferent curry sauces consisting of an excess of tomato puree with a few spices thrown in and the [usual] tough lamb. The "Akash" in Preston Street (off Western Road) is a much better bet on both flavour and price.

• Visited March 2013