“Best Breakfast of my life”
Review of Lost In The Lanes

Lost In The Lanes
Ranked #161 of 1,434 Restaurants in Brighton
Description: Lost in the Lanes is a contemporary cafe and coffee shop. Serving award winning Hasbean coffee alongside beautifully presented classic and innovative breakfast, brunch and lunch dishes. In the week daily changing salads and artisan sandwiches are also available to grab and go. The interior was designed with simplicity as the key ingredient to provide a soothing, relaxing place for customers to stop and escape the busy lanes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's taken me a week to decide whether I want to share this gem with the word or not. The place is beautifully decorated, modern, clean and minimal and it feels comfortable right away. The staff were on point as well - genuinely friendly and attentive. My partner and I were equally blown away by the place.

Ordered a cortado to drink, which was an actual cortado! First time in the 8 years I've lived in the UK. The coffee was gorgeous; rich, dark, velvety flavour with hints of nuts. The menu was perfect. So much variation, there's something there for everyone. We went with the Lost Vegetarian Breakfast and ladies and gentlemen I'm still thinking about it everyday a week after. It was the highlight of my week and if I took a picture of it I swear to god I would've framed it and hung it over my bed.

Date of visit: September 2019
ndemetri0u, Owner at Lost In The Lanes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Best breakfast.....this is my Best review! Thank you thank you! So glad we hit the spot for you.

Write a reviewReviews (114)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was looking for a breakfast stop and happened upon Lost. The Veggie Breakfast had why I was looking for - poached and ago on sourdough. Restaurant wasn't that busy but service was v slow. Poached eggs seemed watery bit the rest was OK. Fried potatoes had the best flavour.

Date of visit: September 2019

Oh dear I am so sorry it disappointed. Do drop me a line at info@lostinthelanes.com we would love to welcome you back some time and get those eggs just perfect!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a perfect brunch here and the most delicious cappuccino . The service was friendly and efficient. If we had more mornings in Brighton we would definitely return. The menu had so many tasty sounding choices and the food we had was healthy, fresh and total delicious. Well worth a visit also they catered well for GF intolerance and other dietary requirements. We got take away cakes too .

Date of visit: September 2019
ndemetri0u, Owner at Lost In The Lanes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

So glad you enjoyed your visit to LOST and a big thank you for your lovely review. Thoroughly appreciated.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As a fan of brunch and coffee, this place ticks all the boxes. Best coffee in Brighton and food was delicious but not over the top fancy. Would have given it 10 stars if I could.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you! For visiting and your lovely review. Both are appreciated. We hope to see you again at LOST!

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

I really wanted this visit to be second time lucky at Lost in the Lanes, after a disappointing first visit earlier in the year. However today wasn’t to be.
We were shoe horned in between tables of grizzly babies & then our order didn’t make it from till to kitchen. So we were kept waiting for our food for a good 35 minutes, if not more.
There was an apology & the service charge was taken off the bill, but £40 for a very mediocre breakfast. Really not worth it.
Staff were nice but the back ground music was so loud, we were unable to hear ourselves talk, there were too many whingey babies & there is no excuse for ‘losing’ an order.
Not a relaxing breakfast experience & no matter how ok the food was, this does not make up for the overall poor dining experience.
Very disappointing.

Date of visit: September 2019
ndemetri0u, Owner at Lost In The Lanes, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Hi guys we welcome all constructive feedback as we are constantly striving to maintain our high standards and improve them where possible. The team and I would like to apologise once again for the error that took place with your order causing your wait for food. I do hope you felt you received an adequate apology for this by way of our offer of free drinks, removal of service charge and the discount on your bill.
We do concede that music can sometimes creep to an uncomfortable level for some customers and we usually try to be aware of this and modify volumes when needed or if asked to so that customers can easily conduct their conversations. Sorry if it did not happen on this occasion I can see how that would have further spoilt your time.
If you have any further feedback that you think would be useful on how we could improve our food and drink offering please do feel free to email us at info@lostinthelanes.com We would love to think that we do make if not the best then one of the best breakfasts and brunch dishes in Brighton but understand that your experience of us was sullied by your long wait. If you did want to give us one more visit we would love to try and prove to you that we are indeed worth all the 5 star reviews that we have received!