“First place to visit in Brighton.”

The Melrose Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 1,133 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fresh fish, shellfish and seafood restaurant. Scottish Steaks also available. Seafront location. Family run restaurant.(run by the same family for the last 50 years). Outside seating available. Opposite British Airways i360 tower.
auckland
“First place to visit in Brighton.”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Fantastic fish and chips.
Great location on waterfront and superb service with a touch of class.
Always the first place I visit when in U.K.
Never been beaten.
Can't wait to visit it this coming summer.

5 Thank oarsome

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ilsington, United Kingdom
“Good old fashioned service and Fantastic Food”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Went here with my husband and 2 year old (plus baby!!) and we had a lovely time.

Sat outside and watched the world go by - looking out across the sea and the horizon!

We had haddock and chips and scampi and chips, a mixed salad and bread basket, daughter had sausage and chips. Then we had lemon cheesecake for dessert.

Fish was cooked perfectly, batter was light, chips delicious, salad was lovely, salad dressing was lovely!! Daughter ate all her meal!!!

Lemon cheesecake was delicious!!!

Service was great and very attentive!!

When we come back to Brighton, I would come back here time and time again as it ticks all the boxes for us, especially as we have two young children.

This restaurant does not look anything special but believe me if you want good old fashion fish and chips at a great price and also with great service then come here.

• Visited June 2011
5 Thank kittylou75
Lewes, United Kingdom
“A real treasure on Brighton seafront”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Best fish and chips in Brighton by miles a bit of old england everyone should visit. After a good long walk along the prom we went into the Melrose. I hadn't had fish n chips in years, seafront fish n chips, my childhood memories came rushing back. We will be going back, Valentines Day , Lobster and champagne. Keep that to yourself please!

Visited May 2011
5 Thank cherryhoster
barcelona
“Good basic honest food with no pretence..”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

My partner and I have been going here for years for the simply cooked and fresh food; especially for me the dressed crab which is superb.
Decor is basic so you don't feel the need to be anything other than relaxed and the staff are attentive without fawning.
Prices are reasonable and that includes the wine plus you can sit outside in better weather.
Our custom is appreciated and we are always warmly welcomed - this place has the basics right eg really decent chips..
We have also seen many a famous face (this is Brighton after all) shunning the fashionable places for some good honest food.

6 Thank fleapit
United Kingdom
“Great Value and a great view of the Pier”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Had dinner here on Saturday night, I ordered Plaice (as I wasn't too hungry) for £8.95 - it was absolutely huge and came with lovely chunky chips. The food coming up to all tables was very large portions, and the staff were very friendly. I would thoroughly recommend the Melrose for lunch or dinner. Great value. And lovely puddings too ! On the seafront opposite the old pier.

6 Thank SaveTheBees