Tripadvisor
Brighton
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews brighton seafront great location travel lodge room was clean street noise coffee machine sea front ncp car park central location reception staff sea view bars and restaurants train station night stay good nights sleep short stay family room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good location - very friendly and helpful staff - room was clean and even had sea view - didn’t use cafe bar - too much to chose elsewhere - payable parking at hotel but the roads at either end of hotel were free - would highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my one night stay at this hotel. The welcome at reception was lovely and I was soon settled into my room which was on the 8th floor with a sea view. The room was very comfortable with good amenities. Breakfast the following morning was good with plenty of choice. This hotel is ideally located in Brighton to visit all parts of the city.I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed on a raiiny Thursday night in January so the hotel and the town were very quiet! Nice room on the 8th floor with a sea view. Coffee machine was a very welcome addition! Only quibble I might have is that there were no water glasses but we coped!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is in a great location with everything of interest being walking distance but also it over looked nightclubs on 2 side.

I was aware of the noise but after advice from trip advisor I asked for a room that was on the quieter side.

Originally I was going to be in room 511 but after asking for a quiet room I was moved to room 415 we walked into the room and was instantly hit by the smell of stale cigarettes and the window was open which in January should have been a warning sign that they knew that the room stank.

The room was clean but the bedding was visibly clean but stank of cigarettes and there was bleach stains on the carpets.

I thought at least they gave us a quiet room and because it was gone 10pm when we arrived I decided we would try and sleep and see if we can get clean sheets in the morning.

The room next to us started getting rowdy with the smell of cannabis coming room they room at around 11pm and at the same time the nightclub music started and that is when we noticed we had been giving a room that over looked the nightclub so much for a quiet room.

Around 12.30 I went to complain about the noise from room 414 as they were getting louder and playing music and play fighting and I think I disturbed the conversation between the desk staff and the security guard as I was given a very filthy look.

I was informed there was no spare rooms and basically told to just go back to my room and they will look into the noise.

The noise stopped around 1-1.15 not sure if this was investigated by the security or if they people in the room finally left for their night out.

I finally got to sleep around 4am when the music stopped in the nightclub.

The next morning we had a very nice member of staff help us change rooms and was placed in the room that we originally given of 511 this room was clean and quiet but the tv remote has maybe 3 years worth of grime built up on it.

We had a quiet night until a group of women came back at 4am and started screeching in the hallway.

I had noticed that this hotel seemed to attract non residents who was using the lobby to eat fast food and hang out while waiting for the queues outside the club to die down but security did remove them but it was quickly replaced by more. So maybe after a certain time they need a system that you can only get in if you swipe your card as many other hotels have.

I would not stay here again as I was left exhausted from the entire experience

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room and check if it over looks the nightclubs
Date of stay: January 2020
TravelodgeUK, Zack from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are truly sorry to learn that your stay was affected by external noise.

Our more central locations may be noisier however to ensure our guests are comfortable we do try to work with the local areas and communities to ensure a comfortable stay.

It is regrettable to hear this was not enough to guarantee a good night stay for you.

We hope you will chose to stay with us in the future, where we will endeavour to restore your faith in Travelodge.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The reception team were very welcoming and provided us with rooms on the seventh floor with sea views.. An ironing board and iron were provided on request. The cleanliness of the reception area and bedroom was good and, although the latter is a little basic, everything worked perfectly well and the bed was made to a high standard. In January 2020, the rooms at £30 each represented particularly good value. I visit Brighton often and I have noticed that at other times of the year the tariff at this hotel can become prohibitive so, on those occasions, I tend to look elsewhere. However, I was more than satisfied with the relationship between quality and price on this last stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business