All reviews brighton seafront great location travel lodge street noise ncp car park clean hotel sea front coffee machine central location bars and restaurants sea view good nights sleep reception staff train station one night stay comfy bed a lovely stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely stay , great staff and food. Only negative I would go for back room as front can b noisey but ear plugs a advantage would totally recommend , staff helped us with things 2 do and see and eat couldn't b more helpful

Room tip: Room at back
Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The location of the hotel is excellent but we found the room to be disappointingly dirty with lots of hairs around the window area and the room in general was quite shabby. Noise levels were excessive both from outside and from other guests

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Zack from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are sorry to learn of your experience at our Brighton Seafront Travelodge and we appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We're concerned to hear your room was not cleaned to our usual high standard, however we're thankful that you found our hotel to be an ideal location for your needs. We are also sorry to read that you found the noise levels within the hotel to be excessive.

Please accept our apologies that on this occasion you did not receive the best experience possible within our hotel. We will be sure to pass your feedback on to the hotel team to be looked into so we can improve the service we offer.

Thank you again for sharing your insightful comments and we hope you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed one night - the room was over £200. A mediocre budget hotel experience at 5* prices. No glass in the room. No free wi fi - the 30 minutes free wi fi lasted less than 5 minutes. The smoke alarm was directly over the bed and with a bright flashing red light that made sleep impossible. The staff said it was because the battery needed changing - but they could not change the battery without an engineer I eventually manged to dose off about 3.30 am.

Room tip: Choose the Premier Inn
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Brighton Seafront hotel.

We are sorry to learn that you did not find your room to be of great value, and we are sorry to learn of the disappointment caused by other aspects of your stay.

We feel that we offer all that is needed for a comfortable night’s stay, this includes a clean room, comfortable bed, tea and coffee facilities, flat screen T.V and an en suite bathroom.

We do not provide extras which other hotels may provide so we can keep our room rates low however we understand your frustration and we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

We appreciate all the feedback we receive and our Hotel Managers regularly review their TripAdvisor reviews in order to fix any issues raised and pass on feedback to their team.

Thank you once again and we do hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had booked a 5 night stay from 26/08/19 – 31/08/19, at a cost of £285.95. I was really looking forward to my stay, as I had recently recovered from some medical treatment, and needed some time for rest and recuperation in a serene environment.

Upon my arrival to my Hotel room No418 – I was hit by a wall of heat, I observed there was fan on, at full blast in the room, and curtains pulled closed to block out the sunlight. Initially I placed my bags in the room and went out to meet friends, giving the room time to cool down. I returned to the room at around 8pm, to find the heat had become even more excruciating in my absence. I visited reception, and explained the unbearable temperature in the room, about an hour later they brought me a small air conditioning unit. I put this on at full blast, however this made no difference to the high levels of dry heat in the room.
As I spent more time in the room, I was finding it harder and harder to breathe, I was sweating, becoming dehydrated and I was incredibly uncomfortable, suffice to say, this is not consistent with previous stays at Travelodge, that I have experienced in the past. I became seriously concerned for my personal welfare, and that of other service users in the Hotel. I visited the reception desk again, and relayed my concerns, Oly - (female on the front desk) explained that the entire building was experiencing the same high temperatures, and she was left powerless to take any action to improve the conditions, as the air conditioning only served the ground and first floor sections of your 8 floor building. I was shocked, disappointed and incredibly appalled, that Travelodge would allow their guests to suffer these conditions in the middle of summer.
There was a noticeable difference in temperature in the reception area, compared to the rest of the building, this left me with no choice but to occupy this area, for the rest of my stay. Whilst in the cooler section of the building, I could breathe freely, and felt my health was not at risk, compared to the conditions in my room.
I had to take a pillow from my room, and a sheet, to attempt to get some sleep, but as you can imagine sitting up in a busy reception area, I wasn’t getting much rest.

Whilst there I witnessed numerous guests of the hotel, complaining about the heat in the rooms, I even witnessed a father of a young family, who relayed concerns about the temperatures effect on his baby, he was in tears and in his case, they were able to move him to a cooler room on level 1. I also observed, many guests cutting their stays short, because of the conditions in your rooms.

I had planned my stay with the anticipation of enjoying time with friends, and rejuvenating myself. I was left (after 5 nights in a chair at reception) exhausted, dehydrated and disgusted with my experience at your Hotel. I left early on Saturday morning, to avoid being subjected to the inadequate temperature regulation system you have. I feel the effects of being subjected to the insufferable, intolerable and unendurable heat in your hotel TO THIS DAY!
I was left so beaten down and tired on the way home, I was falling asleep at the wheel, which as you know is very dangerous. Is this how you would expect your holiday to end? After putting my trust and hard earned money into this Hotel, the least I would expect is a decent room, with temperate living conditions.

I was not offered bottle water, I was not offered a bucket of ice, I was not offered vouchers for a discount on my next visit, all I got were half-hearted apologies, and the same pre-written script that every guest had trotted out for them, which (after 5 nights) wears very, very thin.

As I said previously, I have stayed at many of these hotels, and in my time have spent Thousands of £’s, on these services, and NEVER experienced something so demeaning, humiliating and degrading as being made to sleep in reception, in order to stay ALIVE! AT MY COST!!!!!!!!

I must say, that if I was not recompensed to my satisfaction, I have no choice but to share my experience on Social Media, to avoid anyone else suffering in the way that I did. Also I will have to make a report to the appropriate authorities, in order for material improvements to be made.

They gave me empty Apologies, they wouldn’t know ‘sorry’ if it fell out of the sky and landed in their porridge. It has become clear to me, that they do not have the authority nor the qualifications to deal with my case. I did not get a response from the Executive Team, or someone qualified to deal with my case. I don’t know whether they have an Artificial Intelligence algorithm or just Robotic in Manner, but it is clear that Customer Service is not their forte.

They are now accusing me of LYING!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!! I asked them to go back to the Hotel and check the CCTV for the time I had my stay, I guarantee they will see me there sat in the Foyer, or laying on their sofa by the bar, attempting to get a good night’s sleep. I was even awoken by a member of staff, whilst sat sleeping, as he wanted to vacuum around me!!! They should have asked if they remember that incident.

The Executive Team haven’t even had the decency to respond to their customer directly, instead handing me off to robots. Not even willing to make a decent counter offer, to satisfy an unhappy customer. Who at their own admission, has had an unacceptable experience.

I was kept awake all night during my stay, and I wasn’t LAUGHING!!! However I’m glad they find Bad Customer Service funny! Their response to me has been cold hearted and disrespectful, and this is how they expect to take the Travelodge Brand forward?, this is how you expect to grow and grow, building a lasting legacy for your business?. Treating customers like trash come what may?!

As they are well aware, I am on a budget and my hotel stay was MY treat for the year. Which was spent in sweltering heat, or sat uncomfortably at reception or the bar, and instead of making this right, they’re rubbing your hands with all the profits they are pocketing, from vulnerable customers like myself. It appears the growth potential of neglecting your customers is the new gold mine.

They say they contacted the Hotel Team? How do they know which members of Staff were on duty during my stay, everyone knows they have different staff on different shifts, or staff may be off on Holiday or Leave, or my want to deny what occurred to protect their jobs? On the Friday I was there, two Security guards were there with me for the WHOLE NIGHT!!! Why would they imagine that a customer would make up this story?
They say sleeping in reception is a Health and Safety Concern, well now they have breached my personal Health and Safety, I went down to reception, and explained the situation with my room. I had already slept two nights at reception, NOT ONE member of staff asked me to leave! As matter of fact on the third night, the female at reception brought me a PILLOW AND SHEET to make me more comfortable!!! DO THEY THINK THIS IS ACCEPTABLE?! They didn't check the CCTV! Once again during my WHOLE 5 night stay, I slept in the public areas due to the condition of my room, and NOT A SINGLE PERSON!!! Not Night Staff, Not Day Staff, Not Security, Not the cleaners, Not the reception staff and Not the bar staff asked me to leave. The reason being they understood the condition of the room, and the temperature was far too high. I even had to renew my inhaler prescription, so I could breathe properly, after my experience at your Hotel.

My concerns have NOT been taken very seriously, and have NOT been and treated with utmost concern. They have completely neglected ME, the customer in this whole transaction. Whilst the issues I have raised, have helped them improve their service, and avoid potential future litigation. They are happy for me to have endured this experience without them even offering a free 5night stay for another time, at a different location. I have stayed previously at their other hotels, without issue, and the staff have been fantastic.

It is evident that Travelodge as a Brand has hit new heights for profits, but they have really set the bench mark for new LOWS in Customer Service.

I don't expect to be hearing from them, after the discomfort and inconvenience I have experienced. I DID NOT get a response from anyone AT ALL, and I have been completely ignored ever since...........

Room tip: AVOID at all costs, unless you are happy to be neglected as a customer and ripped off!!!
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank CHRISK325
TravelodgeUK, Shaf from the Social Media Team. at Travelodge Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are sorry to learn of your experience and would like to look into this further for you.

Therefore, may we kindly request that you contact our Customer Services Team through the help section on our website so that we can investigate this more thoroughly with the Hotel.

Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Warm rooms, window had to be open, right next to nightclub so no sleep until 4am!
No hairdryer, poor wi-fi and no signal on most Freeview channels, no cable.
Room was not made, cleaned, bins emptied in 3 night stay.
Staff were pleasant enough but had to ask for more cutlery & cups at breakfast, for the wi-fi password, time of breakfast, etc. Got no sense of customer service.
My shower drain was blocked so got a paddling pool after 5 mins... nice shower though!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank LynBue
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear that external noise affected the comfort of your stay. We strive to make our customers as comfortable as possible and we would like to apologise if on this occasion we were not able to offer you a good night's sleep.

We have passed on your feedback to the hotel team and we hope that there will be another occasion to welcome you again and improve your views on Travelodge.