“Over promised, under delivered”
Review of Pomegranate - CLOSED

Pomegranate
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Pomegranate has so much to offer. A welcoming restaurant in a great location with cosy decor but the menu over promised but under delivered I'm afraid.

Firstly I tried to book a table for 2 days but no one was picking up the phone at lunchtimes or in the evening but having heard great things we decided to pop down anyway on the off chance.

The restaurant itself is gorgeously cosy and the staff very attentive. The menu offers an array of tasty sounding dishes and we were truly spoilt for choice. We both ordered sundried tomato and goats cheese on toasted bread for starter and the sword fish with salsa, salad and steamed vegetables for main. What arrived was so disappointing. It was like something you would make at home. The starter was ok but the main for £13.95 was little more than a defrosted peice of swordfish with a dollop of salsa from a jar accompanied by one head of broccoli and cauliflower (microwaved I might add) with a few depressing leaves of limp salad. The wow factor had gone out the window. We had a look at some of the other dishes coming out to the other diners and none were restaurant quality. I can honestly say I can do better at home.

The £60 bill (they add on the service) for what we had was a shock.

Pomegranate has so much potential but its got everything else right bar the food. Very disappointing.

1  Thank tlsussex

Reviewed August 26, 2013

wonderful food cosy intimate setting.quality food pleasant service and reasonable pricing convenient location

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff kindly fitted in a table of 9 on a Friday at the last minute on the night before my wedding. We understood that the table was needed later in the evening but never felt rushed. My family from across the UK and Italy were impressed with the beautifully cooked food which was all reasonably priced.

2  Thank Gill W
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Eight of us went to Pomegranate for a birthday meal this evening. I recommended it, having eaten there before but none of the others had. Everyone loved it and I could not fault it. Delightful setting, wonderful food and very friendly service. Between us we had rack of lamb, swordfish, honey chicken, seared lamb, tagliatelli, creamy salmon and pot of veggies. Everyone plans to eat there again. Thanks you for a great evening.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I came here with 13 friends for my recent birthday and pomegranate were very accommodating. The food is delicious and very reasonably priced. I recommend ordering a selection of starters (humous, tzatziki etc) and sharing. For main course the kebabs are very tasty and a generous portion (according to my boyfriend) and the swordfish is delicious. The only downside was that the restaurant was incredibly hot!