“Great birthday meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great birthday meal”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I came here with 13 friends for my recent birthday and pomegranate were very accommodating. The food is delicious and very reasonably priced. I recommend ordering a selection of starters (humous, tzatziki etc) and sharing. For main course the kebabs are very tasty and a generous portion (according to my boyfriend) and the swordfish is delicious. The only downside was that the restaurant was incredibly hot!

• Visited June 2013

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Pomegranate delivers again”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went to Pomegranate the night before Brighton Pride. It was very buzzy and busy as you would expect, but the standard as ever was topnotch. I revisited the 'sizzling veggie' dish - it is not actually a sizzling dish but the complex combination of smoky vegetables and creamy aubergine is superb. My partner tried the chicken keebab for the first time and it was excellent - though he found the accompanying sauce too hot to handle - i loved it! A nice atmosphere as usual - this is my favourite restaurant and the perfect venue for enjoying a relaxed late summer evening.

Maidstone, Kent. UK
“Perfect Birthday Lunch”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was taken to Pomegranate by some friends for my recent Birthday.
We were greeted by the owner who was so warm and welcoming, and throughout our entire visit, nothing was too much trouble!
The food was excellent, and hot! Not a bad word to say about this beautiful, quaint little restaurant. Very good value and well worth a visit if you are in the area!
Thank you for an exceptional dining experience! We will be back!

1 Thank Nathan M
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and fantastic staff”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have been here on a number of occasions from Birthdays to small family meals. The owner is incredibly warm and friendly towards customers and she is amazing at recognizing faces. The staff are always helpful and the service is really good.
We love the food, favorites included the tuna with garlic, the lamb shank, and the swordfish in cream sauce. Everything has always been cooked really well and tasted great.
The place has a very calming atmosphere, it is great for intimate gatherings, big family meals and celebrations and romantic meals. It feels like a really special place and that is really down to the fantastic people that run it.

• Visited June 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Still love this restaurant”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Pomegranate for knocking on five years now, and it remains one of our favourite places to eat out in Brighton.
We've tried most of the things on the menu at one stage or another, but are now very much settled on what we like the most, to the extent that we don't even need to order any more, the owner Zelal already knows what we are going to want.
The food was lovely as always, we had the Turkish sausage to start (nicely spicy on pita bread with pomegranate seed salad on the side), followed by the lamb shank, which even though I'm not keen on lamb was absolutely fabulous.
The atmosphere was buzzing with the Pride street party spilling down the street outside, and we had a great evening.

1 Thank Stephen B