“Fabulous service, brilliant food”
Review of Pomegranate - CLOSED

Pomegranate
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Literally just got back to our hotel after our visit to pomegranate, and never done a review before, but felt so strongly that have now done this! From first moment through the door made very welcome and at ease. Food was really tasty and such a selection to choose from, want to still be hungry so could go back right now, but unfortunately stuffed! Waitress I have to say was probably the best I have ever met, the restaurant should be very proud and feel very lucky to have found her. So friendly and attentive but not overly so- perfect. Thanks to other reviewers who led us to try this place. All i can say is that you must go!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Enjoyed eating here with my GF, excellent and friendly service by all the staff. Was runing late for our booking, and had a call from the restuarant asking if we were on our way (and so wanted to keep our table) half expected to just loose our booking, so that was nice. When we arrived a genuinly friendly welome. Menu has an interesting selection of dishes, and we both really enjoyed our choices. Will definately go back. Lovely atmosphere and great food, and just a little bit different.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

It was day after Chinese New Year, after being treated to feasts of eastern Asian delight, it was our turn to treat my in-laws to something different. Talking set-in-their-traditional-ways elders into this was difficult, but worth it. Pomegranate was a revelation to them.

We shared several starters: full of flavour grilled aubergine with creamy yogurt; juicy garlic mussels; spicy prawns carrying a super kick.

The main courses were even better: Beautifully prepared lamb chops on the bone; tender lamb stew that fell apart at the touch; freshest of delicate salmon in creamy cheese sauce. Plus, uber spicy sizzling lamb kebab. All held together with rice and salad, dotted with sweet pomegranate kernels.

Homely atmosphere, courteous staff, generous portions, fair price. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

my wife and i had a selection of starters last night. the food was great, the restaurant ha a warm feel and the two ladies were so welcoming and helpful. we will definitely be back!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I visited Brighton to celebrate my anniversary with my boyfriend and spent hours looking for the perfect place to eat. I came across Pomegranate and decided to check it out. It rained the entire weekend, and luckily they were only a 10min walk from The Old Ship hotel. We called and booked the table and when we arrived, they placed us by the front door. I asked if we could sit in another area and the host quickly and with no hesitation took us upstairs to a table. The food was amazing and filling (try the Sizzling Chicken Kababs)! And dessert was another plus. The mood, lighting, and paintings on the wall were just the touch to make our evening special. All of the waitresses were very nice! I would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Regina L