other traveler has booked this property

Review of Cannon Place

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
PeterB111...
“A rip-off”
Reviewed September 26, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

The location is good close to Brighton waterfront and close to a shopping mall. However the apartment was poor quality and, in my opinion, a rip-off that should not be offered as a holiday rental in it's present condition. On the first morning we were there, we found the shower drain was blocked and I had to use a plunger (that I found at the premises) to clear it. The back-pressure from the plunger action caused the blockage (mainly hair) to finally reguritate into the shower tray with some evidence of raw sewage. This was not a pleasant experience to have to clean this up on our first morning. Then we found that we could not get out of the apartment. The locks on the only exit door were jammed and we couldn't open the door. The problem was caused by the door coming off the hinges and jamming in the door frame. It took us 15 minutes to get the door open. I had to use both hands to push the door up into the frame while my wife used the keys to get it unlocked. It would not have been possible to exit the property in a hurry in an emergency situation. The next problem we found was water dripping through the ceiling from the flat upstairs. By the look of the ceiling, it had been suffering water damage for quite some time and the carpet underneath was damp and smelled damp. The crockery in the cupboard wasn't clean either. My wife found lipstick marks on a couple of cups, so she felt she needed to wash everything before we used it. City Pad handle the rental side of the business (I don't know if they actually own it) and they contract a property management company, Prestige, to do the cleaning and maintenance. Prestige must have know about the problems with the apartment before we arrived. The apartment could do with a refurbishment - fix the ceiling, fix the cracks in the walls, replace the carpets and give the walls and windows a fresh coat of paint. We left a day early because we couldn't stand it anymore.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Nov 20, 2017
Hi Peter,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Cannon Place, all feedback is always appreciated and I know you were in touch with one of the team directly during your stay. It's a real shame there was a problem with the door but I was glad to hear it was sorted as quickly as possible and the thank you email from you was appreciated.

I’m sorry to hear the property didn’t meet your expectations and the cleanliness wasn’t up to the property manager’s normal high standards but thank you for bringing it to our attention. I passed on your comments and the property managers have now actioned all points and are confident the apartment is as sparkling as we'd expect it to be. I was surprised to hear of the blocked shower drain but we did investigate and couldn't replicate the problem, there has also been no other reports from the many guests who enjoy their time at Cannon Place but we'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

Since your stay the landlord has spent some time at the property; fixing and replacing some items to give it some TLC after a busy season for our future guests. The ceiling is due to be re-painted to cover the mark an old leak from the apartment above left, it's purely cosmetic and wouldn't affect your stay but will be painted over as soon as the calendar allows.

Thanks again for your feedback, we hope you enjoyed all that Brighton has to offer and next time we'd love the chance to welcome you back to a City Pad holiday let, with confidence that your expectations will be met.

Kind regards,

Natalie - City Pad team
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing