“Fresh food and very pleasant staff”
Review of La Capannina

La Capannina
Ranked #45 of 1,186 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had dinner at this restaurant in the room downstairs with our two kids and appreciated the friendliness of the staff and fresh food. Portions are very generous, and if I found that my risotto could have been a bit tastier it was still very nice.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We booked the downstairs of this restaurant for our guests to have a meal the night before our wedding. The staff could not have been more accommodating and welcoming, providing an area just for us, allowing for people to turn up at different times and even creating a dish that was not on the menu to ensure that everyone in our party had something they wanted to eat. The food was excellent and varied, and very reasonably priced. We would highly recoommend it.

1  Thank HollyA3
Reviewed January 27, 2014

If you're looking for a restaurant with lovely service then I would say this place is great. However, to be honest the place is a little outdated (menu, aesthetics), and the food was average. Now, I really hate to say so because we were pleased with everything else but we weren't so crazy about the food. Personally, I had the Calzone which ultimately wasn't filled to the brim, although they were happy to accommodate a swap for the ham to pepperoni. My fiance had a mushroom, artichoke, olive's and felt that the pizza was over powered by the mushrooms but was nice enough to eat. The price for the meal was more than suitable and I do not have too many complaints to make but I wish the food had been slightly better.

1  Thank David_Cull
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Lovely restaurant, amazing food great atmosphere friendly attentive staff. One of my favorite restaurants ever.
They even sung happy birthday to my daughter with out me asking them too. This made her Birthday.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Went here after viewing trip advisor reviews. The food was really tasty the service was good. It's quite small in there so you should probably book but it's worth a visit. Reasonably priced.