“Authentic excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Capannina

La Capannina
Ranked #32 of 1,112 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fareham, Hampshire
“Authentic excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed in one of the sea side hotels for a night and fancied Italian for food. We reviewed Trip Advisor and all the highest rated restaurants were more than walking distance away and in this current weather we decided that was not an option so decided to review restaurants a little closer to the hotel. We booked La Capannina and were very pleased with our choice. For a relatively small restaurant the atmosphere was perfect. The authentic decor, soothing background music and very attentive staff made the whole experience memorable. The food was brilliant and the portions were spot on. I wouldn't say the food was expensive or particularly cheap but because of its high standard we were more than happy paying just over £50. Overall we would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody visiting Brighton and we would most definitely return if we visited Brighton again. Very happy customers!

• Visited January 2014

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Came highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our hotel owner rec this Italian restaurant as it was close by and offered excellent food. Was he right !! Extremely good food and first class service and atmosphere. In 2 days we visited twice. A must on the list when visiting Brighton.

• Visited December 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Amazing - couldn't have asked for more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

After a busy & tiring day Christmas shopping we wanted good food and no too much fuss. We found a review for La Capannina - it said good things. It was a short walk from our hotel so we decided to give it a go. It was AMAZING!! We shared garlic & rosemary pizza to start and I had fish stew - it was phenomenal! The best I've ever tasted. We also had house wine which was good. So full afterwards I just had coffee. My friend had a chicken dish which was amazing too. I'll certainly return on my next trip to Brighton!

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

So much choice. Such friendly staff. The food so fresh. I had malloreddus with Italian sausage which was sensational. My wife's fish stew also lovely. Nice bottle of Gavi.. who wants anything more? Reasonable price, too. Going back tonight!

1 Thank DuncanHess
London, United Kingdom
“Superb Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is one the best Italian Restaurants I have come across.
I can recommend the well seasoned sardines for starters as my favourite and all the pasta dishes myself and my wife have come across have been superb.
This is our 3rd visit to this cosy restaurant and the food and service are excellent.
I look forward to our next visit.

• Visited November 2013