“Staying at the beach pad”
Review of The Beach Pad

The Beach Pad
Ranked #53 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room in the beach pad was lovely the bed was comfy and the shower was lovely to use I thought the room was lovely and tidy. The cafe at the corner was brilliant the breakfast was lovely and it was a good service thanks for letting us stay here and hope to see you again from grant and Stacey

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grant D
There are newer reviews for The Beach Pad

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Compared to other budget accommodation in brighton I would say that 'the beach pad' is reasonable value for money.
It was clean, tidy and the food served at a nearby cafe was of good quality.
The location is central and this is definitely one of its key selling points.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed two nights in what was meant to be a three star B&B.

Actually, the owners of the business do not live at the property and simply let rooms over the Internet. Breakfast was pretty good, but is served in a cafe up the road. Parking is by voucher (£12.50 per day extra), which does not guarantee a parking place near the hotel.

The Beach Pad appears to have been thoughtfully renovated some years ago, but has had no attention since. Original artwork and quality bedding contrast with bad smells, thick dust and unmentionable stains. Just a lick of paint and a good clean would really smarten up the rooms.

We stayed in room one, on the ground floor, which was really noisy. The building owners (not the people who run the business) live downstairs and were up all night banging doors. It didn't help that there was a faulty toilet upstairs and the noise of gurgling waist pipes went on all night. Shame there was no-one to complain to.

The location is good for the sea front, but is also adjacent to the slightly seedy end of Kemp Town.

Finally, it turns out that the three stars are "Self Assessed" - I know what that means now :(

Room Tip: Room 1 has a view of a brick wall and is very noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BJTallGuy
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Myself my friend of 26 and my nan of 67 stayed in the family room for 2 nights @ £240. There is no hotel staff although they do leave numbers for you to contact.
The bathroom was very mouldy and gave off this smell, the bathroom has motion sensored lighting and only worked if you jumped up and down waving your arms, we found this out after a night of no light, not very safe when you have an OAP staying with you, and also turns off mid shower making you get out in the dark and jump around for it to come on again. This was the same with the hallway lighting and only turned on up on the second floor.

Although I do feel the room was nicely decorated and the location of the B&B is fantastic, and breakfast in up the road is good. I don’t think it worth the £240 we paid to stay here. I hate writing reviews like this but I would rather spend more/less and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Velmz
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very happy after my stay here. Fantastic location right by the beach. Quiet street. Lovely room. Great value especially the breakfast which was included in the price and was provided at a nearby cafe which i think is a great idea . Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: my room was ground floor at the rear did not see other rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here recently for a couple of nights in the week, as soon as we arrived we were greeted by a nice friendly gentleman who took us to our room. (Room 2)
Our room was just the right size for the two of us, fitted with a nice homely feel with a modern twist.
The en suite bathroom was kitted out with nice toiletries and pristine white towels.
Every day our room was professionally cleaned with our bed made as perfect as the day we stepped into the room.
The location of the Beach Pad was perfect for what we wanted, close enough to the peir and shopping centre.
Comming back to the Beach Pad felt like coming home as we had our own key to come as we pleased whenever we wanted to.
The brekfast that comes with your stay is at the cafe at the top of the road from the beach pad which I might also add was gorgeous food and the chocolate crossiant is a definate must.
Overall the Beach Pad was a a very pleasent stay for the both of us and we will defiantly be staying again in the next few months.

Ps. Thankyou to the owner for finding my ring that had fallen down the sink.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My partner and I were impressed by the room quality, the bed was very comfy also. The door to the bathroom ensuite was hard to open sometimes (it dragged a little on the floor) - but the shower inside was really nice. Good location, very central. Breakfast was really nice too.

The only thing that let it down was the other occupants. There was someone staying at the same time as us that spent 75% of his time with his head down the shared toilet violently vomiting. Woke me up at 3am, 7am and other ridiculous hours. But, that's not the hotels fault!

Room Tip: I had room 2 - which was facing towards the rear alleyway - not a good view but we didn't spend...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple