“Happy Chinese food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Incredible Malasian Churry Pork: nice flavour, big dish! Vegetables tasty, good chinese beer very cheap, light fried dishes.

There are newer reviews for China China

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I treated my wife to a late lunch at the 'China China' chinese restaurant in Brighton,East Sussex last Saturday afternoon whilst we were doing a spot of shopping in the city centre.

We were ready for our meal at around 2.30pm and upon our arrival at 'China China' we had to wait for around ten minutes for a table for the two of us to become vacant as the restaurant was full when we arrived.....however it must be remembered that this was a busy weekend afternoon, and I do look upon this as a positive sign that an establishment is good, and there were a couple of chairs thoughtfully provided inside the main doorway for the use of waiting diners, so this presented no problems to us at all, and our waiting time did in fact pass by very quickly.

'China China' is located mid-way down Preston Street (where there are many other eating places too) which is very conveniently situated near to Western Road which is Brighton's main shopping street,and this restaurant is only a very short distance away from the sea front too.

At a guess I would estimate that there is seating for fifty diners or so in the restaurant,and although the dining room is simply furnished it is perfectly adequate and comfortable, and there is plently of room to spread oneself out. Clean ladies and gents toilets are provided downstairs in the basement for its customers.

A most extensive menu is provided and one is really spoilt for choice. The food is very good,but please remember that this is not an expensive restaurant and that one must allow for this fact when considering the quality of the food,although I will immediately say that both my wife and myself left afterwards feeling very full indeed and the portions provided were more than adequate and the food was most acceptable, and we were both well satisfied and we enjoyed dining here very much indeed.

The service is attentive (although our waitress did initally forget to bring my wife's first course along with the rest of our order,but this oversight was quickly corrected.) I'll say again that their prices are really most reasonable,and our meal consisting of two main courses (together with an additional portion of spare ribs - which were delicious, I might add!) with our desserts and a glass of house white wine and a coca-cola came to just over £25 which I considered was extremely good value for money in this day and age,and all in all we found that everything was of a most satisfactory standard.

However, please be warned and remember that this restaurant only takes cash payment for meals,and it does not accept cards, so make sure that you bring some lolly with you when you come as I didn't notice a 'hole in the wall' cash point in the immediate vicinity of the restaurant.

Would I eat there again? .. .. .. At these prices....I most certainly would! ~ and I do recommend 'China China' to you all, especially if you're on a tight budget very much like myself, and are seeking somewhere nice to eat in Brighton's city centre.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Not many places you can feed 2 adults and 3 small kids well for 20 quid, china china fits the bill. Dry fried chicken with he fen noodles is my current favourite. Vegetables and noodles in soup is both tasty and healthy. Pretty cheap, good portions, no problem getting tap water, ideal for family on budget. It's not china gardens quality, don't expect it to be, but cheap cheerful & filling.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great food. The service was lovely. They will make you feel at home. They do shut on time, so if you are late, you will have a problem.
There are dishes on the menu you may not have eaten before.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've been going to China China a couple times a month since it opened some 10 years ago (before it moved) and still find it good value and fast when you are in the area. I don't usually go out of my way to go there nowadays as I think the standard has dropped slightly.

The sauces can be a little gloupy and the rice a little cold sometimes, but its good value. They have a huge menu too and can pretty much create anything to order.

Try the dry stirfry chilli chicken for something a little different and very tasty. Their homemade 'special grilled pork' (a sort of take on terryaki) is also nice.