“will defo book again”

Ei8ht Brighton Apartments
London, United Kingdom
“will defo book again”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed in the basement double en suite for a couple of nights, really enjoyed ourselves. Instructions in the email were clear and we had no problem collecting our keys. Room was comfy and clean, we had a good nights sleep on both nights. House keeping daily to see if there was anything we needed. Beautiful location!! Few mins walk from the beach and Brighton Pier. Spoilt for choice when it comes to places to eat, so many bars, restaurants and also supermarkets and shops right on your door step. I only wish we could have stayed longer if it wasnt for work:( will definitely be staying again but maybe this time we will book a self catering apartment :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Stevenage, Herts
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed with my husband in the double en suite for four days. Down stairs to the basement, and you have to mind your head as the bay window in the 1st floor room overhangs the basement steps. I realise that as a basement room in a converted Regency house everything has to be compact to fit in, but the bathroom sink is very small and although the bed is comfortable it's very low - about a foot off the floor. Don't book this room if you have a bad back or difficulty getting up from low seats! A few minus points.The bathroom would benefit tremendously from a small shelf, as we had to keep all our toiletries on the table in the bedroom. Padded chairs would be great instead of the folding metal ones which are cold and uncomfortable, and the TV lowered and moved to either the corner of the room or the wall between the chimney breast and outside wall as watching it is a 'breakneck' experience where it is at the moment. In hot weather please don't let the housekeeper leave the dehumidifier on with the windows closed - it makes the room hotter than ever, even though the room has a large electric fan and please run a duster over the venetian blind. As the room above has laminate floors there's a tendency to hear the guests there moving around which I did twice in the early hours. Not the owners fault. Carpets perhaps would be better?
Otherwise we were happy with the experience. Complementary cereals and breakfast bars fill a gap in the morning along with tea & coffee making facilities. Plates and cutlery are provided too. The room was clean, housekeeping was daily, and when I asked for more pillows after the first night, the request was complied with right away. We paid a lot less for this room than we would have in the Premier Inn in the city centre, but it IS a good 10 minute walk from the main drag. Plenty of Chinese, Thai and Indian restaurants in St James's Street, but if you like English fare, this area of Brighton mightn't be the place for you. All round good value, very clean, comfy bed but as the title of this review says.......

Room Tip: Bad back? Difficulty getting up from low seats? Don't book the basement double en suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barnet55
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were a group of 14 girls and rented almost the entire building for two nights at the end of July 2013.

Mark the landlord was really helpful from the first point of contact back in May, providing advice on the location, facilities, parking and deposits. As I wanted to host a fancy dinner party for the 14 of us in the loft apartment, i was a bit worried that the loft would not be large enough or the table would not fit the 14 of us for dining. On arrival I knew instantly that I had chosen the right place. The glass table was classy and extended to a good length. We brought a couple of chairs from the downstairs apartment up to the loft but all could be seated comfortably around the table and we ended up having an amazing evening.

There is also a great kitchen in the loft apartment with massive oven. It is all very clean, modern and spacious. Very easy to prepare food. Comfortable sofa and large screen tv with a connection for iPhone music which can be played through the speakers. Although volume is low.

All bedrooms in the building were extremely well maintained. Comfortable and with complementary wine and cereal bars - a welcome treat after a day sea kayaking and playing volleyball on the beach. The team maintaining the apartments was lovely and was quite flexible and reasonable with check-out time on the last day.

Our group was really really pleased with Eight Apartments.

Thanks Mark and team!

Sarah Standley (booked 26th - 28th July 2013)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sarah_Standley
London
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Recently just stayed here for a spur of the moment booking and stayed for 1 night.

It's clean, neat, great location, friendly owners, comfy and reasonably priced.

For 4 adults its a bit if a squeeze, however, of you are in Brighton, surely you don't plan to stay in?!

Great little find and will be back, hopefully for longer

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank nomadlad
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The 2 bed bunk crash pad room is where I stayed. I must say it was a funky, novel, great stay. Room 1b is at the back of the property and very quiet here. It is ultra compact and the owner does not hide the fact. But saying this it has, an iron pad and iron, hair dryer, a fridge ( with wine if you book a Friday 2 night stay) breakfast Cereal and juice is included too with ample tea coffee and milk. It has a small shower room perfectly formed but again small, cleaning products too! You would not want to be of the larger sizes to stay here and if you are in the top bunk be on the agile side too. Again this is idea for friends coming to brighton to shop, eat drink and be out socialising. If you are in the bottom bunk you will not be able to see the TV. The view is blocked by the top bunk :-) The owner was there painting and maintain the property on arrival. He was helpful and friendly. The property is in good repair and of a contempary feel. I had a good stay here and when coming back later in the year I would without a doubt not hesitate in staying here again.

Thank you, honest great value, great location and well maintained.

Room Tip: This is ideal if you are party people and not wanting to stay in the room. The room is small, clean...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kent
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am one of those people who look through bad reviews as a worse case scenario - I was a little concerned about the negative reviews but they were from quite a while ago and could not be more wrong.

Booking Process - I booked very far in advance for my sisters Hen Party - the owner of this apartment was the only one to get back to me out of about 10 different apartment owners. Despite having a large hen party group and only wanting one night the process was incredibly quick and efficient. You are immediately given information about parking and their noise policy. I wasnt given information regarding a £200 safety deposit but I did expect this and no money was actually taken - just credit card details incase of damage.

Housekeeper - a very kind, hard working and pleasant lady who does her upmost to keep the apartments in great condition. The apartments were spotless.

Rooms - The best room by far is the Loft Duplex apartment which can sleep upto 6 people - for comfort I'd suggest 4 but it is more than possible. This room has a range ovencooker, plenty of cutlery and glasses and crockery, massive plasma tv with no signal problems, ipod docks and everything it says on the website. The ensuite in the master bedroom is possibly the nicest bathroom I have ever seen - theres a TV in there!!! The decor is modern and beautiful. The Twin Bunk room is what is says it is. It is small and the picture shows this but it has what you need for a night or two with an ensuite, fridge, kettle, iron, tea bags, coffee, milk, juice, cereal, cereal bars etc. The pictures shown on the website show a lovely and practical group of apartments, in reality the apartments are sensational. The owner and the housekeeper really do want you to feel special and put little love heart sweets in the Loft Duplex apartment - a minor but lovely touch.

Noise - I did not experience any problems with noise at all - you hear seagulls more than anything and this is quite nice as it reminds you that youre at the seaside. The owner emailed me before my stay and let me know the strict no noise policy and times - I took this as a gentle reminder to respect those who may hear you. My group were great and we left at 10pm for our night out but if you were to experience noise I have confidence the owner or housekeeper would do something about it.

Location - You are approximately 2 minutes away from the beach front - I had no idea just how close we were - it was amazing.

Parking - to organise parking you have to contact the owner/company and they will advise you on cost for a permit. I presumed that because we were paying £10 per permit there would be plenty of spaces and unfortunately this was not the case. It is all on road parking but you are allowed anywhere in Zone C which is a large area but if you want your car close by, its not probable on a nice day. The fact that parking permits are available are rare however and I was happy to get these but a reduced price would have made the experience perfect. £10 is still about 50% cheaper than everywhere else.

This place really did exceed my expectations and if I stay in Brighton again I have no doubts in my mind that I would stay here again. To be able to book one night stay when everywhere has strict 3 night stay policies just shows how the owner and staff really want to help you out.

Price - due to only staying for one night I had to pay a supplement fee which was fine and I had no issues with because the owner could have made more money from someone booking a two night stay. I probably paid above the odds from what I can see but we had the entire Building and there were 15 of us so it didnt cost as much as a hotel might - an apartment is 10 times more personal and by far a better experience. You will not find another owner who was willing to arrange a one night stay in a massive city centre like Brighton.

Thank you to all who helped with the booking and making my sisters hen party a great experience.

Room Tip: Duplex Loft apartment is amazing - if you want space and comfort then avoid the Twin Bunk as it is w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 3170ll
Shepperton
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Excellent accommodation just to the east of Brighton city centre, with a bijou bathroom, and in our case, a small private garden! Kitchen is very well-equipped, with plenty of stuff for a couple and even a guest or two! The car parking arrangements (resident permits at £10 per day) are practical and affordable - a rarity in Brighton. We stayed there after the London - Brighton Bike Ride, and it was a far better bet than fighting the traffic! The keys and parking permit were ready ahead of the published check-in time, and the apartment was clean and attractively furnished. The breakfast was limited to four small boxes of cereal and two oat cereal bars, but there was milk and fresh orange juice in the 'fridge, and plenty of tea, coffee and hot chocolate. The manager was doing the cleaning as we left - what better way to meet the customers and keep in touch with the business! He was very friendly and chatty, and, if we needed it, another incentive to return to this excellent establishment!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple