“Like the worst student accommodation”
Review of Brighton Breeze

Brighton Breeze
Ranked #72 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Like the worst student accommodation”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Ridiculously noisy, we were at the back ground floor and so were woken up anytime someone showered, used a sink or flushed a toilet. We could hear and smell the owners cooking. Some man was shouting outside the window for quite some time . Then a choir started. The bathroom was falling to pieces and the room was very very small and very very stuffy/ hot

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Jennifer J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Well if you're on a cat-swinging holiday this is not the place for you but if you want a clean bed, clean shower, no frills and a cup of tea this place is fine. I was there for work so travelling on a tight budget. I paid £35 for a single room in the high season. Bargain. Parked on the seafront just 5 mins from the hotel. You'll see no staff, they just buzz you in and that's it. Be prepared though- bring your own hair dryer as there is none, a spare towel if you like to dry your hair with a second towel, and don't get fat (narrow halls!). They dont do food so bring own breakfast. Also you have to check in by 6pm. There is no reception desk. If you are late you mUST ring ahead and they'll leave your key for you, but don't be later than 8pm latest. Book with your eyes open and you'll find a functional place to crash, but if you' re planning a romantic holiday for a week, this ain't it.

Room Tip: I was in 18 on the third floor, a single en suite. It was fine, clean, no nasty stains. Front facin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank busyquizzer
Amarillo
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Brighton Breeze was one of the most unpleasant experiences of our trip to Europe. On entry, the room smelled like dirty laundry. The bed sagged enough to give me a sore back. And the walls are thin and thus the noise was loud. Check out is at 10:30.m., so there's no sleeping in.
The bathroom was so small and unappealing. So we skipped our shower and left for breakfast at the nearby café the receptionist recommended, but didn't open until 9 a.m. so we walked into town. We returned to clear out our rooms and left the bags with the attendant. But the worst was when we came back for our bags, which can be stored in the office. One of our party needed a toilet before leaving for the train station and the attendant refused, claiming no toilet was available. Hard to believe.
Maybe one can overlook the run down property, but the lack of human caring leads me to recommend not even considering this property.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else and pay the money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Cork, Cork, Ireland
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I visited brighton for a weekend of clubbing and boozing in June 2013. The fact of the matter was from looking online the "Brighton Breeze" was the cheapest in that area (central to town). Before booking me and my friend agreed (despite the negative reviews) that we'd only spend a few hours in the room at night and other than that we would be out sightseeing and clubbing till the early hours.

You get what you pay for, the rooms were very basic and if you collapsed in the shower you'd stay standing (its that small) BUT, for what i wanted it for it was fine. I had to climb 2-3 flights of stairs to get to my room, but the room was clean and room service offered more towels, toilet paper etc. All in all i couldnt really fault them. Its not really a hotel but if your looking for a cheap place close to kemptown and the waterfront (pier etc) and your staying there to enjoy the nightlife then this should do.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ger F
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I booked this place as I needed to stop over for two days and it was the cheapest I could find. I did not have high expectations but actually it was more than ok and I enjoyed my stay. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable with a good bed. It is in a great location, close to everything and the staff were very friendly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the granville hotel (lovely ). I wanted one more night in brighton, and was running out of money, so I booked a room at the brighton breeze hotel .
I stayed for one night, not noing that my room was on the top floor, I could not believe how many
steps I had to climb. steer clear of room 20, if you don't like stairs,or suffer from copd.
this place is not an hotel, and not a b&b.there is no breakfast, the real name for this hole, is HOSTEL.
I would say this joint is for the younger persons who may be able to put-up with this crap, for a few nights.
no reception, you ring the bell, and a woman,( not the owner) who I think is dossing in the back-room , gives you your key, and dissapears again.shower,too small,kept hitting my elbow on the wall. I could go on and on, but I can't be botherd,I think you get the message.
not a nice plce at all.
Very miss leading, stay clear.

Room Tip: Go to the Granville
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
hexham
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had single room on the first landing. Swinging of cats would not be possible. But, I didn't take a cat, so no problem. Just wanted a bed. It had a bed. Small but functional ensuite too. Clean bed linen and shower. 4 (yes, four) individual teabags with kettle and a TV. No breakfast, but I didn't want breakfast. Took my earplugs. Used them. Woken up by returning drunken Germans, but then, who wouldn't be? Earplugs back in, good kip.

Didn't expect a miracle, didn't get it. But, I got what I thought I'd get and that's fine for £35 in nicely downbeat location not far from stuff.

Room Tip: Probably get a single further up to avoid the stair-well shenanigans.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank litandphilrules
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Langfords Hotel
#52 of 94 in Brighton
Westbourne Hotel
Westbourne Hotel
#45 of 94 in Brighton

Been to Brighton Breeze? Share your experiences!