“Excellent service! Great food!”
Review of Sopar - CLOSED

Sopar
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We ate here for the first time last weekend despite living in Brighton for nearly 10 years! Wished we'd have gone sooner! Food was amazing & service was great. The food was also very reasonably priced. The lychee wine we had was very tasty as were the unusual claw claws we tried. I'd definitely recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for Sopar

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We've dined here countless times now, and occasionally treat ourselves to take-out from Sopar but the free delivery is only very local so you have to go and collect it yourself if further out.

I have never been served a dish here that I've been unhappy with, so I'm quite surprised to see some of the negative reviews! The massaman, red and green curries are a taste sensation, and their Som Tam salad (a spicy shredded unripe pappaya salad) is so tasty it's my benchmark dish to which I compare other Thai restaurants I go to!

Staff are always friendly and attentive, in fact there have been occasions where I think the service has been above and beyond what you'd reasonably expect. There was an evening when we showed up on time for our booking but the table was not ready, the owner/manager seemed almost embarrassed about this and quickly arranged some seats around a small side table so we could sit briefly while they poured us two complimentary drinks and gave us some thai crackers to nibble on. Ask yourself where you still get service like that these days?

The comments people have made about prices are valid, it's not the cheapest Thai restaurant in Brighton, but I'm happy to give these guys our business and we keep on going back.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

It had been a while since our last visit so we went back on Saturday evening.
Service and food remain excellent, and this restaurant can be confidently recommended.
The menu is long and can be a bit confusing but we were with friends who are regulars so they ordered for us!
There is parking around on the main road and the side streets but not much of it; the 37 bus goes right by the door.....
Important to book at peak times - it was packed on our visit!
Certainly worth going to if you are in or near Kemp Town.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

A friendly restaurant in Kemp Town with a decent Thai menu.
I got a warm welcome from the proprietor and his wife and had a table at the window. The place wasn't busy but it was early and I suspect that it would have been busier later on.
The food was fresh and nicely spiced and the sizzling serving dish kept everything good and hot.
As a bonus they offer a 10% discount if you're staying at The Twenty One on Charlotte Street.
I'd go again.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Visited the restaurant early on a Monday evening. The restaurant was quiet so the service was good. There were six of us eating and we shared some portions of mini spring rolls which were lovely, served with a chilli sauce. I had the Pad Grapao - stirfried chicken with garlic,chilli and thai basil which was lovely. My party also ate the Pra Gung - prawn salad which they said was very nice but to me the salad seemed rather a small portion, and Gai Pad King. Most of the stir fry dishes are £7 to £9 depending on whether you have chicken or prawns. Rice portions are big enough for two people to share. It is not the cheapest Thai restaurant in Brighton but if you are in this end of town it is well worth a visit and I would definitely go back.