“Birthday celebration”
Review of A Taste of Sahara

A Taste of Sahara
Ranked #27 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Lebanese and Persian restaurant on Brighton���s busy Western Road, Taste of Sahara gives seaside dwellers a taste of the exotic at a very reasonable price. With its d��cor created with care to reflect the atypical Middle East of story books and holiday brochures ��� all pierced tin lanterns, heavy wood and rich colours ��� Taste of Sahara has a look which reflects the diverse flavours of its immensely flavourful menu. From kebabs to tagines, all one���s Middle Eastern favourites are offered by the Sahara kitchen, along with some lesser known dishes that will tempt the more adventurous diner. In particular, the restaurant���s mezzes prove popular, the sharing concept somehow suited to this kind of cuisine, particularly when accompanied by the BYO policy.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We enjoyed dinner at Sahara for a 40th birthday and choose one of the fixed price set menus available for group bookings. The food and service as always were excellent and there is the added bonus of being able to take your own bottle of fizz to celebrate. Very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Being newly relocated in the area, and given the great reviews they had, we thought of celebrating our Twins' third birthday here. The food was amazing, our tables reserved and all set. The hosts were very welcoming and considerate. Gaz was very cheery and helpful. We tried Lamb Tagine, Rouz Dejaj, and Saltan's kebab mix. The portions were so much that we had to pack more than half of it home. Would definitly come back again. Oh and please do appreciate the currency collection on the wall.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I visited Sahara this month we were the first in restaurant , we all brought our bottles in bags , a new experience to us , but what a great change , chillers were provided ,
We a knew it would be busy even on a freezing cold Saturday in January , i had mergez sausage starter , which was gorgeous then i had mixed kebabs main , the food was excellent ! i thought as it was so busy the standard may not be so high , but As i said perfectly cooked full of flavor , Sabri is an attentive host , wtih his personal touch , always aware of any needs . Look forard tto my next visit

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had a booking for the theatre so called in here at 6:00. The owner couldn't have been more helpful, even loaning me his glasses so as I could read the menu. We had the Meze of starters which was quick and tasty. Would love to have the time to enjoy the whole evening.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I've been to this place a number of time. I did not realise that they offer taste card holders discounts. We were walk in guest today and on checking the newely downloaded taste card app - I noticed the restaurant was on there.

When i presented the card, I was told that it's only if you booked. So I said, if i go out and call and make a reservation for 10 minutes would that be OK? She said yes. I would like to add there as no one else in the restaurant and the waitress was sweeping the floors with us seated. Because we were with the parents, we decided to stay there and have the meal as the food is OUTSTANDING - FACT!

We were not disappointed the Sultan Grill was more that we could enjoy - for the first time we had the aubergine cooked in tomato etc. Again out of this world...

It's a shame the waitress was not more flexible - blaming it on the owner. Not good customer Service, but i can't fault the food! Yes I willbe going back again. I think i've found a new place to eat on a Sunday.

1  Thank I_shambles