“A great taste of North Africa!”
Review of A Taste of Sahara

A Taste of Sahara
Ranked #44 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Lebanese and Persian restaurant on Brighton���s busy Western Road, Taste of Sahara gives seaside dwellers a taste of the exotic at a very reasonable price. With its d��cor created with care to reflect the atypical Middle East of story books and holiday brochures ��� all pierced tin lanterns, heavy wood and rich colours ��� Taste of Sahara has a look which reflects the diverse flavours of its immensely flavourful menu. From kebabs to tagines, all one���s Middle Eastern favourites are offered by the Sahara kitchen, along with some lesser known dishes that will tempt the more adventurous diner. In particular, the restaurant���s mezzes prove popular, the sharing concept somehow suited to this kind of cuisine, particularly when accompanied by the BYO policy.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We've just spent the day celebrating my fiancé's birthday down by the sea, and we'd definitely say that A Taste of Sahara was the highlight of our day! We wanted to recreate the feel of a recent trip to Morocco, and stumbled across the restaurant on TripAdvisor. After reading great reviews it didn't disappoint. Although we hadn't booked, and they were pretty busy, the staff were very accommodating and found us a table. The décor was very authentic and we recognised many pieces on the walls that we'd recently seen being sold on our trip to Marrakesh.
The food was wonderful. I started with the stuffed vine leaves which were delicious and my fiancé had the most amazing merguez meshwi (red spicy lamb sausages). I'm so glad that the waiter recommended that I try a little of the sausages because they were absolutely divine! The mains were fabulous too. My fiancé had the lamb tagine which was lovely, and had deliciously smoked bread accompanying it, and I went for something that I'd not had before, which was the kabseh with lamb. It was really delicious and with the spices sprinkled over it, transported me back to our meals in Marakesh. Unfortunately my appetite wasn't big enough to finish the full portion, but the staff kindly offered to package it up for us, so we have a delicious lunch to look forward to today!
We really enjoyed the whole experience and would like to thank the staff for giving us such a lovely end to our day.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Sahara is fantastic - if judged on the food alone this is one of the best restaurants in brighton in my opinion. What makes the place better is its laid back atmosphere and friendly staff. Portions are large and incredibly flavoursome. All in, if you are looking for good food, at a reasonable price in a nice relaxed environment, look no further. Its a BYO booze policy here too which i much prefer, no crazy mark ups on standard wines, plus you get to take exactly what you want to drink.

1  Thank greyz10
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Ate here last week on a Friday night. From the moment I phoned to make a booking the staff could not have been more helpful. They managed to fit us in at short notice on a very busy night. The menu is varied and enough choice to suit all tastes. There were 5 of us and we all had something different and all enjoyed every dish. All tasted fresh, flavoursome and beautifully presented. I love the bring your own bottle policy, really keeps the cost down.
Would recommend without hesitation and am looking forward to eating here again soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I loved it! The staff were friendly and helpful. The menu excellent value and the food superb!!!!!!

I will definitely return :-)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have been to Sahara yesterday lunchtime... and just would like to say thank you to the staff. As usual, my friends and I felt very welcomed, the service is great and above all we love the food....

As a regular costumer of the Sahara restaurant, I could not recommend it enough... If you looking for great food, fun and overall fantastic time out.... this is the place.

Thank you to the team and we look forward to coming over for dinner next week.
Ally