“Great atmosphere”
Review of A Taste of Sahara

A Taste of Sahara
Ranked #23 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Lebanese and Persian restaurant on Brighton���s busy Western Road, Taste of Sahara gives seaside dwellers a taste of the exotic at a very reasonable price. With its d��cor created with care to reflect the atypical Middle East of story books and holiday brochures ��� all pierced tin lanterns, heavy wood and rich colours ��� Taste of Sahara has a look which reflects the diverse flavours of its immensely flavourful menu. From kebabs to tagines, all one���s Middle Eastern favourites are offered by the Sahara kitchen, along with some lesser known dishes that will tempt the more adventurous diner. In particular, the restaurant���s mezzes prove popular, the sharing concept somehow suited to this kind of cuisine, particularly when accompanied by the BYO policy.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The restaurant was full and buzzing on the Saturday evening we visited. I would definitely recommend booking as we wouldn't have got a table otherwise. The mixed meze starter was expensive but very tasty. I was a bit disappointed with my tagine because it wasn't spicy enough - it was more like a lamb stew and lacking in the sweet and spicy flavours you should get from the honey and fruit, ginger and cumin. However, my companions mains were much better - delicious curries and an excellent chicken shish. Service was very good too.

There are newer reviews for A Taste of Sahara

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Having been here a number of times. i'd recommend it to anyone. The staff are extremely friendly and the food is delicious. Plus there is an off licence next door should you run out of wine. Highly recommended

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Personally, I was not too fond of North African food, but Sahara has changed my whole perspective on it. I'm a man who travels frequently and I can say with full confidence tha Sahara is up there with the best Restuarants.

I have visited Sahara on several occasions, sometimes taking my wife out for a romantic meal and other times showing my friends from out of town the best parts of Brighton ( they were impressed) . The amazing thing was that they facilitated for the occasion. For a romantic meal I was given a comfortable,cozy, romantic corner booth.

The decor of the Restuarant is amazing and the food and service is excellent. The crockery and cutlery was clean, service was fast and efficient and the waitress was very helpful explaining the various dishes.

The Sultan Kebab Mix is a must try and the grilled fish with potatoes is out of this world! For starters I would definitely recommend their chicken wings ( my wife orders them all the time!) and their lamb chops are also very tastey. Their pastries and arabian bread filled with cheese is also recommended.

Lastly I would like to emphasise how great an experience it was visiting this restuarant. The manager even came to ask us if everything was to our liking. I would definitely recommend that you visit this place if you are in town!!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We visited on a Sunday evening . It was very quiet, the atmosphere was friendly and the surroundings very pleasant. the service was excellent. We ordered some side dishes and two chicken Tagines . Service was prompt . The portions were good and the food was excellent. I would have preferred the tagine to be a little more spicy but this did not detract from the meal. I wasn't keen on the 12% service charge. I would definitely dine there again

As I have come to expect in Brighton, the parking was a nightmare,and the street parking fees are extortionate ( I have found cheaper parking in London).

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have been here before for lunch and dinner and was impressed by the general ambience and the decidedly tasty food. Tuesday evening I rushed in, on my way to an evening out, just wanted a quick snack. Within minutes I was surrounded by a supper of delicious bite-size dishes: falafel, salad, spiced potatoes, yogurt, warm flatbread, hummus, spicy harissa- it was a feast! A sweet mango juice drink completed one of the tastiest meals I have ever eaten. 'Really', I said to my companion, 'it makes ordinary food seem terribly dull!'