“A really enjoyable stay”
Review of Kemp Townhouse

Kemp Townhouse
Ranked #32 of 93 Brighton B&B and Inns
London
“A really enjoyable stay”
Reviewed November 7, 2008

I stayed in the snug single room when I visited Kemp Townhouse last week to visit with friends in Brighton. It was a brilliant choice of B&B - from the immaculate rooms - the shiny bathrooms - and the fabulous breakfast (the home made granola in particular) - it was all the best possible way to visit Brighton. I can't recommend it highly enough. I would say this was the best value B&B I have experienced in the UK.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Czech first
Reviewed October 15, 2008

Having checked out of Blanch House after refusing to stay there, a few doors along we stumbled upon Kemp Townhouse. It was by now 8pm on Friday night and we decided to ring the bell and try our luck to get 2 rooms. Russell one of the owners showed us around and a 'deal was struck'. This place truly deserves to knock Blanch house off it's top spot. Attention to detail, amazing 6 star breakfast, and charming hosts. The only bad part was leaving, we shall definatley return.

Stayed October 2008
Reviewed October 13, 2008

My boyfriend and I picked to stay at the Kemp Townhouse as we didn't really fancy any of the big hotels on the seafront and wanted somewhere a bit more unique.

We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice: the couple that run the guesthouse are really warm and friendly, gave us great advice on what to do and where to eat whilst in Brighton and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

Their attention to detail is fantastic, the whole place is elegantly and beautifully decorated and of course perfectly clean. The individually cooked breakfasts were a real treat and there was a good choice to keep everyone happy.

The "cosy" double is really quite small and so if your budget allows I'd recommend one of the larger rooms (if they're not all booked up as they were when we went)!

• Liked — Individual friendly service
  • Disliked — Small room
Alloa, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2008

My wife and I own a hotel in Scotland and came to Brighton for a wedding.
From my first conversation with Claas I knew we were in for an excellent stay!
when i stay in a hotel, of course I want it to look good and feel comfortable, and you just need to look at all of the reveiws here to see how stylish an establishment it is! (particularly for the price you pay).
But more important for me than these things is the level of service that a business is prepared to offer. And Claas and everyone at the Kemp Townhouse could have written the book on top quality service.

• Liked — the breakfast smoothie!
  • Disliked — my wife wouldn't share her smoothie with me!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2008

I have just returned from a weekend in Brighton with my boyfriend and just had to say what a wonderful stay we had at the Kemp Townhouse. From the moment we arrived to the second we left we were impressed by the high standard of the hotel.
The room was stylish, extremely clean, comfy and in a great location a stones throw from the sea front and approx 5-10 minutes walk to the Laines. The hotel managers Russell and Claas went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay and also recommended a lovely restaurant 'Havana' which we had a wonderful romantic meal at on Saturday night. This review wouldn't be complete without mentioning the great english breakfast that was served at the hotel. We would definately recommend this gorgeous boutique hotel....

• Liked — The high standard of the hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing
Worcester
Reviewed September 12, 2008

I recently stayed in the Kemp Townhouse for two nights with my partner. I enjoyed my stay emensly and would highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to stay in luxurious surroundings. The staff were exceptionally helpful and warm. I had such a marverlous time, even though the weather was attrotious, I will be going back again very soon!!!

• Liked — The luxurious room.
  • Disliked — The size of the room.
London, England
Reviewed September 11, 2008

I'm not surprised by the other reviews and can only add to the praise for Kemp Townhouse which it thoroughly deserves. From the glass of wine on arrival (although it was after 10pm we were immediately made to feel welcome) to the luxurious but tastefully decorated 'cosy double' and the thoughtful, attentive attitude of our hosts I really couldn't find anything to fault it - not that I was looking, I was too relaxed! No review would be complete without mention of the breakfasts which were simply superb. When we weren't going gooey over our eggs benedict we were ooohhing and ahhing at the deliciously soft carpet - shoes on or off they didn't seem to mind. As weekend treats go, this will certainly take some beating!

• Liked — Beautiful decor, attentive and friendly service
  • Disliked — n/a