“immaculate service”
Review of Kemp Townhouse

Kemp Townhouse
Ranked #29 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 30, 2008

My wife and I own a hotel in Scotland and came to Brighton for a wedding.
From my first conversation with Claas I knew we were in for an excellent stay!
when i stay in a hotel, of course I want it to look good and feel comfortable, and you just need to look at all of the reveiws here to see how stylish an establishment it is! (particularly for the price you pay).
But more important for me than these things is the level of service that a business is prepared to offer. And Claas and everyone at the Kemp Townhouse could have written the book on top quality service.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Kemp Townhouse

Reviewed September 14, 2008

I have just returned from a weekend in Brighton with my boyfriend and just had to say what a wonderful stay we had at the Kemp Townhouse. From the moment we arrived to the second we left we were impressed by the high standard of the hotel.
The room was stylish, extremely clean, comfy and in a great location a stones throw from the sea front and approx 5-10 minutes walk to the Laines. The hotel managers Russell and Claas went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay and also recommended a lovely restaurant 'Havana' which we had a wonderful romantic meal at on Saturday night. This review wouldn't be complete without mentioning the great english breakfast that was served at the hotel. We would definately recommend this gorgeous boutique hotel....

Reviewed September 12, 2008

I recently stayed in the Kemp Townhouse for two nights with my partner. I enjoyed my stay emensly and would highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to stay in luxurious surroundings. The staff were exceptionally helpful and warm. I had such a marverlous time, even though the weather was attrotious, I will be going back again very soon!!!

Reviewed September 11, 2008

I'm not surprised by the other reviews and can only add to the praise for Kemp Townhouse which it thoroughly deserves. From the glass of wine on arrival (although it was after 10pm we were immediately made to feel welcome) to the luxurious but tastefully decorated 'cosy double' and the thoughtful, attentive attitude of our hosts I really couldn't find anything to fault it - not that I was looking, I was too relaxed! No review would be complete without mention of the breakfasts which were simply superb. When we weren't going gooey over our eggs benedict we were ooohhing and ahhing at the deliciously soft carpet - shoes on or off they didn't seem to mind. As weekend treats go, this will certainly take some beating!

Reviewed September 3, 2008

Kemp Townhouse  is probably the best hotel or guest house we have ever stayed at (including 4 star hotels in the Uk and abroad).  This new hotel, which we understand only opened two months ago, is beautifully and stylishly furnished to a very high standard, with a combination of modern and traditional furnishings.  The owners' attention to detail ensures that everything about the hotel is as near perfect as it is possible to be.  The breakfast matches the decor - beautifully cooked and presented with a good choice.  One of the joint owners was present throughout our stay and could not have been more attentive or helpful.  This hotel is not cheap but it still represents excellent value for money.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Will keep it brief since everyone else's reviews are so accurate - beautifully decorated, fantastic staff...

We booked a "snug double" - the smallest and cheapest room, which was even more of a bargain since we were staying midweek. It was small but if you're like us and spend very little time in the room then it's big enough - and it has all the modcons - cafetiere/kettle, flatscreen tv, wetroom, comfy bed...

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Claas and Russell have clearly worked their socks off to get this wonderful establishment up and running and it's a rare pleasure to have been looked after by two such delightful people who are both obviously passionately committed and also very good at what they've chosen to do.

I only stayed for one night but the boys made me feel like I was part of their family - the genuine care they show towards their guests and their natural attention to detail bring to mind an almost Japanese level of service but with the added bonus of real, personable warmth.

In my opinion, this labour of love succeeds on all fronts: the physical aspects of the bedroom, the common areas and the dining room are tasteful and refined without being cooler than thou, the full english breakfast was skilfully prepared and beautifully presented, striking exactly the correct balance between deliciousness and naughtiness. And embracing all of this is the joy and happiness that Claas and Russell effortlessly exude that renders "service" such an inadequate word.

If you appreciate quality, I am confident that Claas and Russell will exceed your expectations.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo