Stayed here in mid February 2014, a young couple (early 30s) and easygoing. Not normally one to write bad reviews, or reviews at all. Long story short, even now my bag and clothes smell musty like room 102.
Whilst the staff are nice, and location good, here's some reasons to avoid:
- musty smell, likely due to 'wet room' being a cubicle within the main bedroom with a broken extractor fan
- noisy: the main passageway to the 'lounge'/breakfast room is right outside the door
- no reception: had to wait outside in the rain whilst someone answered the door
- tiny bathroom: barely room to swing a cat, and water accumulates everywhere
- uncomfortable bed and pillows: pillows have no support and disappear as you lie on them... Not a great nights sleep
- overpriced: £145+ is not good value for money for the above
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kemp Townhouse: "Brighton chicest new hotel. The IndependentKemp Townhouse offers luxury boutique accommodation at affordable prices. All 9 bedrooms have stylish en-suite wet rooms and boast their own individual features such as bay windows with sea views, beautiful antique fireplaces, free standing bath or indulgent four poster beds. The Regency style listed property is found in a quiet location, just off the seafront, close to the beach as well as restaurants, shops and Brighton’s thriving nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Kemp Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kemp Townhouse Hotel Brighton