“A lovely weekend spent at the Kemp Townhouse”
Review of Kemp Townhouse

Kemp Townhouse
Ranked #30 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Kemp Townhouse. It is a beautiful guesthouse/hotel and totally deserves the award of 5 stars. The staff were welcoming and friendly, the breakfast delicious and the port most welcome. We stayed in the cosy double on the 3rd floor, the most comfortable bed ever! We would recommend this hotel to friends.

1  Thank Sandra C
Paul L, Owner at Kemp Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post such lovely comments on Tripadvisor. We're really gold you enjoyed your stay.

Wishing you all the best.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

From the Port in the room, to the beautifully presented yogurt in Kilner jars. The Kemp Townhouse is beautifully put together.

It's as if the owners have done everything they'd love when they're away. Then thought what extra little touch can we now make.

My partner and I didn't have the children with us. It was the perfect little romantic get away in Brighton.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Liam B

Dear Liam,

Thank you for your kind words. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We totally enjoyed our stay, staff and accommodation was of a very high standard. The staff couldn't be anymore helpful offering recommendations for places to eat drink and visit; with personal experience to back it up. Would love to stay again soon
Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank kaskin184
Paul L, Owner at Kemp Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to post your comments. We're really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

just a lovely place to stay i highly recommend a couple of nights here and treat your self to the top room (four poster) a wonder room with lots of lovely little surprises in side (bath salts, port, iPod speakers, coffee tea and coco with them mini marshmallows EVERYONE LOVES ) and also everything u ever neeed from a hairdryer to face scrub. what top it off for us was the lovely size we not fans of large places with 100's of room this was perfect only 8 or so rooms out the way but still close to town (10 min work to center) and close to the sea. but by fair the Second B in the Bed and Breakfast was the best part for us it was restaurant standard i even go as far as saying it was to the standard of a rosette, with not just the norm of a full English but a full menu to choose from and in the corner all the drinks and fruit and continental breakfast needs u ever want, i must say my pouched egg was near enough perfect with a lovely smiley happy waitress who even brought us little smooth of the day tasters before she brought us are Italian coffee and filtered tea. and if u wanted u can have alllll this yes alll this in bed for free if u want to have breakfast in bed. overall i would have to say Kemp townhouse is well worth the price for the best room and earned is 5 stars hard. and we well be returning for another stay soon

Room Tip: Four Poster Room well wroth the money (the bed is big enough for 3)
1  Thank jordanbaker1995

Dear Jordan,

Thanks for your kind words. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and I'll pass on your comments to the team. Wishing you all the best and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Driving through the streets leading to the hotel filled us with trepidation-very salubrious. However the hotel was an oasis of peace, calm and civilisation.
An unasked for upgrade was an unexpected bonus as was the decanter of port in the room.
Charming staff, well presented room and the most comfortable bed I've slept in for a long time.
My only suggestion would be please can there be an ice bucket in the room?

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Charles C

Dear Charles,

Thanks so much for posting such lovely comments. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and your suggestion about the ice bucket makes a lot of sense! Wishing you all the best and we hope to see you again next time you visit Brighton.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights here last weekend for our anniversary and had a really lovely stay. Having read some of the other reviews we had been a bit concerned about the wet rooms but ours was fine - a tad snug perhaps, but certainly clean, bright and in top condition. The room itself was nicely decorated, the complimentary port was a nice touch and the staff could not have been more friendly. Breakfast in bed was also a welcome treat and I would definitely recommend the eggs benedict! We look forward to returning!

2  Thank Peter H

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your kind comments; We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our award-winning breakfast. The eggs benedict are my favourite too! I do hope that we will see you again soon and I wish you and your wife all the best.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

After reading some negative reviews on tripadvisor prior to our weekend here I emailed the owners regarding my concerns. I had a quick response from the owners who addressed my concerns and I am pleased to say my husband and I had a wonderful weekend stay At Kemp town House. The wet room had been retiled and grouted however the water does take a while to drain away after a shower. Maybe a wooden board to stand on after a shower would help if you needed to go back into the bathroom after a shower to clean teeth! The lounge area was very relaxing to have drinks in before going out in the evening and the staff very friendly and attentive. A lovely choice on the breakfast menu to cater for all dietary requirements. The only other comment I would add is that the blinds in the bedroom do not keep the morning sun out if you are a light sleeper. Would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JuliaP86
Paul L, Owner at Kemp Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Julia,

Thank you so much for your feedback and for your useful suggestions which we'll definitely take on board. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.