“Sweetest And Smartest B and B i have ever stayed in!!!”
Review of Kemp Townhouse

Kemp Townhouse
Ranked #28 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2013

just a lovely place to stay i highly recommend a couple of nights here and treat your self to the top room (four poster) a wonder room with lots of lovely little surprises in side (bath salts, port, iPod speakers, coffee tea and coco with them mini marshmallows EVERYONE LOVES ) and also everything u ever neeed from a hairdryer to face scrub. what top it off for us was the lovely size we not fans of large places with 100's of room this was perfect only 8 or so rooms out the way but still close to town (10 min work to center) and close to the sea. but by fair the Second B in the Bed and Breakfast was the best part for us it was restaurant standard i even go as far as saying it was to the standard of a rosette, with not just the norm of a full English but a full menu to choose from and in the corner all the drinks and fruit and continental breakfast needs u ever want, i must say my pouched egg was near enough perfect with a lovely smiley happy waitress who even brought us little smooth of the day tasters before she brought us are Italian coffee and filtered tea. and if u wanted u can have alllll this yes alll this in bed for free if u want to have breakfast in bed. overall i would have to say Kemp townhouse is well worth the price for the best room and earned is 5 stars hard. and we well be returning for another stay soon

Room Tip: Four Poster Room well wroth the money (the bed is big enough for 3)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jordanbaker1995
Paul L, Owner at Kemp Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Jordan,

Thanks for your kind words. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and I'll pass on your comments to the team. Wishing you all the best and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Driving through the streets leading to the hotel filled us with trepidation-very salubrious. However the hotel was an oasis of peace, calm and civilisation.
An unasked for upgrade was an unexpected bonus as was the decanter of port in the room.
Charming staff, well presented room and the most comfortable bed I've slept in for a long time.
My only suggestion would be please can there be an ice bucket in the room?

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Charles C

Dear Charles,

Thanks so much for posting such lovely comments. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and your suggestion about the ice bucket makes a lot of sense! Wishing you all the best and we hope to see you again next time you visit Brighton.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights here last weekend for our anniversary and had a really lovely stay. Having read some of the other reviews we had been a bit concerned about the wet rooms but ours was fine - a tad snug perhaps, but certainly clean, bright and in top condition. The room itself was nicely decorated, the complimentary port was a nice touch and the staff could not have been more friendly. Breakfast in bed was also a welcome treat and I would definitely recommend the eggs benedict! We look forward to returning!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter H

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your kind comments; We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our award-winning breakfast. The eggs benedict are my favourite too! I do hope that we will see you again soon and I wish you and your wife all the best.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

After reading some negative reviews on tripadvisor prior to our weekend here I emailed the owners regarding my concerns. I had a quick response from the owners who addressed my concerns and I am pleased to say my husband and I had a wonderful weekend stay At Kemp town House. The wet room had been retiled and grouted however the water does take a while to drain away after a shower. Maybe a wooden board to stand on after a shower would help if you needed to go back into the bathroom after a shower to clean teeth! The lounge area was very relaxing to have drinks in before going out in the evening and the staff very friendly and attentive. A lovely choice on the breakfast menu to cater for all dietary requirements. The only other comment I would add is that the blinds in the bedroom do not keep the morning sun out if you are a light sleeper. Would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JuliaP86
Paul L, Owner at Kemp Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Julia,

Thank you so much for your feedback and for your useful suggestions which we'll definitely take on board. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We only stayed one night thank goodness. If the purpose of this sight is to help people make a decision on where to stay I would strongly urge anyone not to reserve the "small room" it is too small for a double bed. There is not sufficient room to manoeuvre around the bed. Only one of us was able to get dressed at a time as the only space to do so was in the doorway. There was hardly anywhere to put anything on the floor a small case and a travel bag beside proved far too much luggage for such a small room. The wet room was just as it says on the tin - a wet room. I made the mistake of having a shower before going out for the evening which put the room out of action as everything including the wc was soaked. Also the hand basin is so small that unless you are careful when you turn on the tap that also slashes all over the floor. The "small room" if a bedroom at all can only reasonably be described as a single room. We stay in lots of hotels on weekends away and this is the smallest room we have ever come across. Please change the description!

Room Tip: Do not choose the small room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris H
Paul L, Owner at Kemp Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. The room you booked is actually described on our website as the 'tiny double' and in the description we state that 'the bed takes up most of the floor space'. Although we have less control over the room category on third-party booking sites, we have also included this same text in the room descriptions and we also restate this on our booking confirmation as the last thing we want to to is to mislead our guests. However, in light of your comments we'll review the text to make this even clearer.

Although the tiny double is indeed compact, we believe it is very competitively priced and is ideal for guests who are looking for a comfortable bed for the night, but as you point out less suited for people who wish to spend a significant amount of time in their room. It's disappointing that you did not mention that you were unhappy with the room when you arrived as we would have upgraded you to a larger one but in any case I very much appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We got this room on a great deal that we had booked six months previously. Exceeded expectations; the whole place is very stylish; the room (King) was beautifully decorated (amazing bed and quality bed linen) and the welcome by the manager was excellent. Yes the bathroom was small but it's a hotel based in a Victorian townhouse so you can't really expect a large bathroom. I found the wet room rather wet but again this is not unusual and did not dampen the experience. Some people are so fussy! Our room was immaculate and spotlessly clean. The breakfast too was excellent; large choice of delicious dishes and you can have breakfast in bed for no extra charge - brilliant! I would not hesitate to recommend to friends and I would not hesitate to book again, especially if there was a deal which made it excellent value (hotels in Brighton are pretty pricey at the best of times!).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Belle,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Betty and I can only praise the owners and staff for the welcome and help we were given on arrival, also during our stay advice on where to visit or to eat out.
We will come and stay again and recommend your establishment to all my family and friends who visit Brighton. David Dade & Betty Scott-Dade.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank David Dade & Betty Scott-Dade

Dear David & Betty,

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for recommending us to your family and friends! Wishing you all the best.