“Family lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alfresco

Alfresco
Ranked #50 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brighton
“Family lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I booked a table for the family for lunch. The table was nicely prepared. The waiters were polite and attentive. We had the a la carte menu.

The starters took ages to arrive although the restaurant was quiet probably only four other diners. They were poor overall late and on cold plates and at around £8.00 each pretty disappointing. The twice baked cheese souffles were awful, calamari anemic, reasonable mushroom tart and pigs cheeks and a good duck starter. One souffle starter didn't arrive and we accepted a tart that had been unclaimed earlier rather than wait any longer.
Main meals were better and the Turbot very good but this disappointingly was served on a tough rubbery skinned galette potato! Main meals were between £17- £19 .
Desserts were average.

The sea views are wonderful which is why I would come back here but would probably choose a pizza.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Good food fabulous view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were there for a private party and the catering was superb the view was brilliant overlooking the sea.

Visited November 2012
Brighton
“Christmas Business Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to Alfresco for our Company Christmas' dinner this year. The location is superb and we were given a lovely table by the window. Although the weather was poorly, we still enjoyed the view. The service was excellent and the staff was really nice and helpful. The menu was reasonably priced and very good value for money. We enjoyed the music from the hired DJ and half bottle of the house wine each..all was all included in the price as we booked very early in the season. We had a truly fabolous time and I would totally recommend it!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlfBrighton, General Manager at Alfresco, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I would just like to add that we were fully booked on New Years eve, we had 170 people booked in for dinner and the atmosphere on the terrace at 12.00 was brilliant with all the customers outside, watching the fireworks and wishing each other happy new year. All I can think is that you came much earlier so did not experience this. I hope when you return you get to experience a similar atmosphere with us.
“Great food, tacky decorations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited Alfresco whilst visiting Brighton over new year. The first things that caught my eye were the excellent location, right on the sea front, and secondly the Christmas decorations, I found the lights on the front of the restaurant to look quite tacky and cheap, but we weren't put of because I am aware that Christmas decorations in a restaurant can be hard to get right. We walked into the restaurant to a very friendly welcome, the waiter took out coats for us and sat us at our table. We were offered drinks and provided with the menus and wine list. The menu is quite extensive, offering a good selection of itailian food as well as some variation. One thing that really got me was the wine list, a good list by not very extensive and there were no vintages or producers listed in the description, which I feel are two of the most important things about a wine. I ordered the salmon and crab tortellini while my friend ordered the bucatini pasta with porcini mushrooms, we also ordered a bottle of the gavi de gavi. The waiter properly brought over the wine and served it apropriately. Another waiter then brought the cutlery to us, which was the first time I noticed something else that caught my eye, not once did I see a waiter using a tray whilst taking something over to a table, which I personally thing is wrong. Our food arrived shortly after, to which the waiter added a sprinkling of Parmesan, which we both thought was a very nice touch. Also my dish had the added suprise of king prawns still with the head on, which I love! We both really enjoyed the dishes we had, and found the portion sizes very genourous considering the cost. The dishes were both seasoned and presented nicely, nothing too fancy but still remaining classy. My friend decided not to have a dessert, while I opted for the cheeses, which was a very nice and quite generous selection, although I would have liked to have been informed what they were. Overall we enjoyed our evening, although I did find the service slightly unusual, there's nothing in particular that I could point out, but something about it seemed a little bit weird. As for the atmosphere of the restaurant, it was a quiet night when we visited, which suprised me considering it was new years eve, I'm in no doubt that if the restaurant had have been busy it would have had a very nice atmosphere. My only two issues with the evening were the decorations, which were also slightly tacky inside the restaurant, and the wine list, although I did find the wine that we I selected very pleasant and flavoursome although slightly short on the finish. I think that when I visit brighton again I would probably return to the restaurant, I'd love to see it on a busy night without the decorations!

“Excellent every time...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We visit Brighton at least once a year and always book Alfresco as you are absolutely guaranteed superb quality, locally sourced produce transformed into an exciting array of Anglo-Italian delights of the highest order. This is a place where you are offered real food, make no mistake; a challenge to anyone's appetite. There is always plenty of variety on the menu and always a couple of specials too; you really can't go wrong here even if you're after simple pizza or pasta. Not the cheapest but not anywhere near overpriced either, you get what you pay for. I would recommend this establishment to anyone.

AlfrBrighon, Manager at Alfresco, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you back in 2013.