“they are not only, bad restaurant in brighton..”
Review of Sam's of Brighton - CLOSED

Sam's of Brighton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on Paston Place in the heart of Kemp Town village, Sam's of Brighton is a stone's throw from the Brighton Pier and the Marina. Sister restaurant to Sam's of Sevendials in the heart of Brighton, this chic and elegant family-owned bistro - with an understated neutral colour scheme, wooden floors and deco-inspired lamps - is popular with a fashionable local crowd. Sam's serves classic yet creative dishes made from the finest seasonal ingredients, and the restaurant's award-winning menu features favourites such as the Shetland rope-grown mussels with spiced coconut, vanilla, and red peppers; roast rabbit loin served with soft polenta and savoy cabbage; and the rice pudding with blood orange for dessert. Sam's also has an excellent selection of both old and new world wines, many available by the glass and carafe. Sam's of Brighton was voted "Runner Up BEST UK NEWCOMER" by the Harden's Guide 2010.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I am a local, and don't believe anymore to great restaurant in Brighton , but this restaurant left us with a good impression thank you for a brilliant evening we will come back...

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Managed to fit us in on a busy Friday night , nice basic dining room, food was delicious and fresh ( if a little basic, more like brasserie style) , good value for money.
If you want a good honest dining experience without any pretention then this is ideal.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We spent the week living at the Royal Alexandra Hospital as my little boy has been poorly - we went out for dinner to relax and took a punt on Sam's based on its location and the Michelin guide sign in the window really.

We were really very happy with dinner, all the food was excellent, with more than a hint of fine dining about it, but in a bistro setting. Oysters for two, same day fresh, best in ages. Potted duck to start, rabbit three ways for main, beautiful. I genuinely welled up when I tasted my wife's monkfish in red wine and butter sauce, which had transported me to some memory or another. Good wines both, I only choose a digestif when I'm really satisfied and I enjoyed an armagnac.

On that form we say its a hidden gem and struggled to find fault.

Go.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Consistently good food in a quiet neighbourhood of Kemp Town, used by locals. I go about twice a month, meeting up with friends, for a reasonably priced meal, served by friendly and attentative staff. The owner is savvy enough to tempt regulars with special offers each month, which is most appreciated, as another reason to visit more often. Food simply but well cooked, and doesn't attempt to be more than it is - a local bistro. The only drawback is that the wooden floors and tables emphasises sound, so avoid Friday and Saturday nights, when really busy.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Although the service was good the food was just not memorable. Perhaps because it was during the Kemptown carnival and the kitchen was over-stretched but none of the three of us were impressed.