“Nice hotel, but don't share a room with someone who's not your partner”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, but don't share a room with someone who's not your partner”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The hotel is very well located, clean, with helpful staff and none of the bland decor that you tend to get in a lot of hotels nowadays - it's generally lovely apart from two niggles.

Firstly, the design of the rooms is such that you can see directly into the shower from almost any point in the bedroom. This is due to the face that the en suite has no door, the shower door is transparent coloured glass, the full length mirror allows you to see around corners into the bathroom, and to top it all off there's an (intentional) hole in the dividing wall. In short, I wouldn't opt to share a room with anyone who I didn't want to see me naked.

The breakfast is entirely passable, but it is all cold - there were pain au chocolat, croissants, cereal, yoghurt, dried fruit etc. It would have been nice to have a few veggie sausages and hash browns on offer to those of us with a long day ahead.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - mine gave me a view only of a plain white wall about a metre away.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank CupOfTeaAndASitDown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

On the arrival we were upgraded from a standard to a superior room, so it was a great start!
The hotel is very modern, and I would go as far as say it is even slightly futuristic in it's design. (Curved walls and open sink area reminded me of the toilets in the Sketch in London).
Our room 162 on 1st floor had mainly white and bright pink colour theme. Oh, and I really liked Eco friendly toiletries and unusual coffee in a tea bag.
The hotel has a nice bar on the ground floor with a good selection of cocktails.
The only disappointment was the breakfast. It's £10per person and the choice is very limited. Virtually cereals and pastries only (I would have preferred an omelette). I think we would be better off having had a breakfast at Carluccio's- Italian restaurant which is just opposite the hotel.
Reception and housekeeping staff was nice and friendly. The only thing was that when we called from our room to reception to set up a wake up call, no one was picking up, and we were calling for ages.

Overall a great stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Second time staying at this property and overall still a solid choice for Brighton but the breakfast could use a refresh.

Also - it feels as though corporate rates tend to wind up on inside facing rooms. Wi-Fi and facilities worked well.

Room Tip: Request a room facing out
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KENT
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, we stayed here for one night as a couple in the heaven suite.
Check In very easy and quick, we used the car park £24 and it was small but brilliant and easy!
Room was very clean and decorated amazingly!

My other half was really impressed with the sky tv.
Mini bar was well stocked.
Bathroom lovely, yes it had no lock and you can practically see into the shower but I certainly wouldn't stay in a hotel room with someone I wasn't happy with being that close to whole bathing!!

All in all great stay

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I spend a fair amount of time in Brighton and we've tried a number of different places but we've finally found Myhotel and I'm really pleased we have.

I would describe Myhotel as "different" but I mean that in a good way. It's not a huge hotel but is in the middle of the North Laine area of Brighton which is perfect for eating and drinking in all the great places around Brighton city centre.

By different I mean that it's not your normal run of the mill mainstream hotel. There is a quirky style to the place which makes it feel more boutique than corporate and the staff are always friendly and helpful.

The rooms address my needs perfectly - mainly that I want air-conditioning that works well, a comfy bed and peace and quiet. In the normal rooms there isn't a wardrobe and the room is very slightly more compact than you would get in a Holiday Inn but it also is a lot more stylish too. Anyway, what do you care about the size of the rooms - you should be out enjoying all that Brighton has to offer!

As a business traveller I have two gripes. Firstly, the desk in the room isn't huge and I struggle to work on my laptop at it but that's quite minor and Brighton has too much to offer for me to stay in the room much anyway.

The second gripe is that the "free internet" in the hotel is terrible and there is no option to upgrade. Again, that doesn't bother me personally because I carry a mifi dongle which works perfectly in there and is how I connect anyway.

The superior rooms are nice with a wardrobe, iron and ironing board and a bit more space but the standard rooms are perfectly adequate for my needs.

Breakfast is available but is just a cold buffet with pastries, juice, coffee/etc but there are a few cafes around that open at 8am so that's not an issue for me. You can also walk from reception straight into The Small Batch Coffee Company for an excellent morning coffee.

Just past reception is a fantastic Merkaba cocktail bar with some excellent staff who are very pleasant and knowledgable about the large range of spirits that are there.

Overall it's a great hotel to stay in (if you don't need the wifi or a large desk) and I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Personally I've never had a noisy room here - spring for an upgrade if you can :)
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank earltubthumper
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Booked this hotel again through Lastminute.com secret hotels. Location is very good, with nearby walk to the shops, eating places and waterholes. Also not too long a walk down to the sea front. Hotel lobby confuses itself a little, needs more identity as it feels like you are walking in to a trendy bar! Look for the small reception desk to the right as you go in. Staff are friendly and accomodating although didn't need to have too much interaction with them. We upgraded the room so not sure what the basic room would of been like, but stayed in 'more superior double' which is a bit misleading as it wasn't that superior, however for £20 can't complain. Nothing too much more to add as we simply checked in, slept and checked out. If you are after a good nights sleep, it can be noisy outside at times, the pillows were very flim flamsy and if you use the optional tooth brush, make sure it's not already been used!!! If you put the postcode in to a sat nav, it takes you to Regent Street running adjacent Jubilee street, so bear that in mind or you run the risk of doing a 360 in Brightons one way system. This hotel would of got excellent rating if it hadn't of been for the terrible parking charge. £19.95 PER NIGHT! Very extortionate considering the parking isn't too superior as it is shared with a local food delivery place which hog the spaces!

Room Tip: Floor 2 may be a bit Quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

The design of the hotel is really outstanding. We booked a good rate on HotelTonight, otherwise it can be a bit overpriced, compared to the seaside chains, especially that there's no breakfast in the price. That's a big miss: no restaurant, no breakfast service at all. There's a chic bar, not noisy or good soundproofing. Coffee/tea making machine in the room. The room is huge, the bed is good quality. The bath is nice too. Really enjoyed the stay, shame that we need to go out to have breakfast.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple