“Loved it!”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed August 7, 2014

A very modern and funky hotel, we loved it! Our standard double room was very tidy and the bed comfortable. There was also a little safe that could be used for valuable items. The hotel is right in the middle of town, with lots of restaurants around so no need to use the car.

Two cons though:

1) In the double room we had -which could be different for bigger rooms- there was very little intimacy in the loo. The glass door was quite see through with a big hole in the middle for a handle. Not the best.

2) Be careful if you come by car, parking at the hotel is very expensive. At the moment they are charging £29.50... a day. Ouch. We had been warned Brighton wasn't car friendly but didn't expect it to be that bad. Parking is apparentely known to be expensive there.

3) No restaurant in the hotel. Not even breakfast. You must go out to eat but some local take aways do deliver.

Overall we were still very happy with our stay and would definitely recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,297)

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

This is the third time I have stayed at Myhotel and it's just gets better and better. The rooms are fantastic, we always stay in a superior which is great, very chic and trendy and everything you need is in the room. Great location although I wish it was on the sea front. Walking distance to bars, shops and restaurants. Great friendly service and fantastic cocktail bar.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank t30cudd
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

This is our 3rd stay at this hotel. We booked two nights here sat/sun. On arrival they said we booked fri/sat yet they didn't even bother to call or email me, they couldn't transfer the night to the Sunday or refund us. So we had to pay it even though we never stayed! £175 for nothing. Also then had to pay another £90 to stay the Sunday. Yet I had been e-mailing them for around 2 weeks confirming the car parking for 2/3rd and our stay & at no point did they say your actually booked in on the 1st. Most hotels would transfer the night for you or refund or something but no not my hotel they wouldn't offer us nothing. Very very disappointed in them as our previous stays had been great. Poor customer service & experience.

Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank arthur088
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Hi, Stayed here before. I love the MY Hotels. Staff friendly, great cocktail bar, funky rooms, and a fantastic curry house next door (Chilli Pickle) - one of the best I have tried. Great Location too!

Room Tip: If you're a girl, ask for a pink room - I had a pink room this time, If you're a boy go blue...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Derek W
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at my hotel for the second time in two months. Fantastic location , great hotel, the staff are all so friendly and most helpful. Thankyou to Freddy and Lukasz, we will definately be back.
We come to Brighton to celebrate our anniversary. We have stayed at my hotel for three years now , plus short breaks in between. Myhotel is second to none in my opinion. Fantastic cocktail bar, the staff are brilliant. The coffee shop right on the doorstep is such a bonus, great selection of food. The hotel is ideally based for the famous lanes just a few minutes walk away as are great bars and restraunts, something to suit everyones tastebuds.
Not forgetting just a stones throw away The Brighton Dome and lovely gardens also the Theartres and the great places for pre show drinks and dinner. All of this within five minutes walk of the hotel. Added bonus is the hotel has its own carpark. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lesley S
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We love the myhotel .
We have stayed here a few times. The rooms are very contemporary and comfortable . The hotel is a beautiful building extremely colourful . The bar has some great cocktails.
My partner says it's very funky and quaint rooms

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank robert k
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights whilst visiting Brighton for the first time. We were very happy with the hotel, it's very central, walking distance to everything, there is parking on site, although we did have to pay £18 per day, although having researched surrounding council car park prices, and the rates at other hotels this seems to be the norm.
The hotel itself was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. I was a little disappointed that our standard room had a small double bed, but it was very comfortable, the room size & amenities are ideal for a short stay, I should also add I am a very light sleeper and the room was extremely quiet, even on a busy Saturday night where the surrounding bars and restaurants were full.
The bar served a great range of drinks, and the staff were great, the fish tanks are a nice touch.
You are located right next to the Dome & Royal pavilion, and not far from the beach & the lanes. We would certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple