“A m a z i n g”

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
“A m a z i n g”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Amazing hotel in the most ideal location in Brighton - right on the lanes.
We stayed in a more superior double on the second floor and overlooked the square below - rooms are designed around the feng shui concept so bed angled diagonally in the room. Bed very comfortable bathroom had a large walk in rainfall shower. Room a little on the small size but overall designed really well.
The bar in the hotel was pumping had a really good vibe and lovely tasting cocktails and bar snacks. The marine fish tanks in the wall were a nice touch too.
The only slight negative was that the parking under the hotel was charged at £30 a day even for hotel guests - parking is hard to find and expensive in Brighton but you would think being a hotel guest you would get a discount.
Over all an amazing hotel we are definitely going back later in the year for another stay here!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Me and my partner stayed in the more superior double room which was very different to your usual neutral hotel room! (We requested no pink, as I saw they had) and they kindly allocated us a different colour themed room. The beds are luxuriously comfy, best night sleep I think I have EVER had possibly. Staff were friendly and helpful and the bar looked very nice from the outside (We unfortunately didn't stay long enough to enjoy this). The view wasn't great, so wouldn't recommend that room if that is a selling point to you. However, the room was very stylish and modern AND CLEAN! The only negative thing I can really say is we really wanted to stay in the Jade or Bamboo room which they had sold out of so booked the more superior double (which looked not much different to the superior double, yet cost a lot more) to which the price of our room significantly lowered 2 days after booking. In addition to this, we had incredibly noisy neighbours, who were clearly having a party in their room when we were trying to settle down (which was resolved quickly by staff, thank you) and were abandoned by staff when a customer came in flashing his cash, we were just left sitting on the sofa waiting for her to tell us when our taxi had arrived as (she had told us to sit there until she told us our taxi had arrived). C'mon it takes two seconds to tell us you have to leave us, we would of understood. Just seemed a bit rude. That was the only bad service we received however, Finalllly, there was no bath! (another reason we wanted jade or bamboo).

All in all, lovely unique hotel with bright decor to lift your mood. Good service. Great location in regards to the beach, lanes, town center, restaurants (Visit the Chilli Pickle!) and nightlife.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our stay at the My hotel in Brighton was amazing. Fantastic staff, facilities and customer service. Thank you for such a wonderful time at your hotel. We will definitely stop at the My hotel next time we go to Brighton.

Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I am probably a little bit spoiled, when it comes to the amount of stars of a hotel. If the standard rooms have no mini bar it is not a 4* hotel, in my opinion.

But before we dive into the negative things, some good things: I have been here on a business trip for a conference in the famous Dome Theatre of Brighton. The location of the hotel is just perfect for this. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and the location close to the Dome, Kensington Gardens and The Lanes is very good for 1 night out on town. The pricing of the hotel is good. WiFi is reasonably fast. There is a supermarket (Tesco) across the street which makes up to the missing mini bar.

Here is, what I did not like: you can not open the windows (in no room), there is no mini bar in the standard doubles, the view of the standard rooms is ridiculous and the breakfast is not good!

This is not a hotel for a relaxing weekend in Brighton: in a sea bath where you go for the air you should be able to open the windows.

I stayed on the 3rd floor and I had doves sitting on my window sill. Very romantic, just not at 6am when they start to mate, knock on the windows and fight with each other. The view out of the window you can find in my picture. Brace yourself!

All in all, I will not stay here again. I can recommend this hotel only to those, who want to be close to the Dome and spend only little time in the room and stay only one night.

Room Tip: Upgrade from standard room, if you do not want to look onto a wall ... second floor is best.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was a treat so for once I didn't know where we were going so I couldn't research. The hotel is a great location, plenty of places to eat and drink below and across the street. The coffee bar and Chilly Pickle restaurant underneath are both great. The room was quiet even though it was in the middle of town, very clean and spacious and well equipped and the bed really comfortable. The only, teensy downer was the slightly open plan bathroom. The shower and sink we could cope with the but the toilet ideally needs to be a little more private as you can see through the frosted glass and soundproofing would definitely help for those of us that don't want the whole room to know what's going on!!! Its manageable but makes you a bit self conscious when you wan to be on a relaxing break!

The restaurant delivers super quick to the room and the food is excellent, so if you want a curry in bed - its truly good value and one of the best curry's I've had, coupled with the fact that you can nip across the road literally to Tescos for a cheeky bottle of something, it was great. I would stay again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel is trendy and ideally placed in the centre of all of the hotspots. When we arrived we were made to feel incredibly special as the hotel had known that we had just been married and had upgraded us, for free, to the Carousel Suite in the hotel. It was incredible and was the cherry on top of what had already been the most amazing weekend of my life. The staff were welcoming and friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay one to remember. We will definitely be back on our anniversary!

Room Tip: Splash out and get the suite!
Kent England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was our fourth stay at the hotel in the past 6 years. It still managed to put a smile on our faces. Although it would not be to everyones liking. We stayed on the second floor to the rear of the hotel, which is the quieter part. Rooms at the front can be a little noisy. Room wise was fine, things were just starting to look a little tried and on this occasion i was more aware of the open plan loo. Everything was clean and tidy, with the staff very helpful. Perfect location for a base to explore Brighton. Car parking costs in the regional of £25 per 24hrs. So remember to factor that into the trip. The hotel as a small car park, with an NCP 2 minutes walk away. The train station is a 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: The rear of the hotel is less noisy.