“Fun and funky!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
“Fun and funky!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was looking for something and somewhere different to celebrate my fiance's birthday and came across a very funky looking hotel in Brighton. This was a great find, superb location as the hotel is surrounded by restaurants and bars and only 2 minutes walk from the theatre and the lively North Lanes. Check-in was very smooth and we were kindly upgraded to a fab lime green bedroom on the 3rd floor, staff were very friendly and the bar was a great place to start off the evening with a gorgeous cocktail or two.

Another pleasant surprise is that check-out is not until noon.

If you are looking for a fun place to stay then this is surely it and I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Top floor is definitely the best place to be.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed sunday 2/02/14 as a last minute anniversary break for me and OH. Got a great deal online for a sunday stay on lastminute.com secret hotels.

Staff here were really lovely, helpful, friendly and genuinely intrested in us having a good stay and experience of Myhotel. Special thanks to Natalya on reception at check in & check out whose lovely smile and warm manner really made us feel special! Im assuming our hand written note and free cocktail voucher (for our anniversay) were arranged by her and was a fab surprise when getting to our room. All staff we encountred were happy and said hello in all departments from reception, bar (merkaba) and house keeping. Calling reception to ask for an Iron, lead for room sound system and a cab were not a problem and handled quickly!

The room was great on the 3rd floor with no noise problem and a good comfy bed with goose feather pillows (my fav) we had no view (window looked out to a brick wall) but that wasnt a problem for us. It was a green room and next time im excited to stay in a pink/purple one. Everything was clean and fit for purpose my only tiny niggle was no air freshner in toilet. As others have said the bathroom pod is very intimate and see through (shower & toilet) so be aware of this if you are sharing with someone you dont know very well!

Overall a really great boutique hotel experience and one we look forward to staying in again. Make sure to have a drink in the bar and see the massive crystals! Thanks to all at MYHOTEL

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Msfresh
Croydon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Firstly, I stayed here once before with my girlfriend (our first hotel together over 3 years ago) and thought it was wonderful. We had a superior double room, and we did really enjoy the stay.

Our previous experience prompted my New Years Eve booking - this time I opted for an upgraded more superior room with floor to ceiling windows and inclusive of parking.

(NOTE: important point towards the bottom of this review)

Having initially booked a more superior room by telephone on 24th December, I enquired about the possibility of cancelling my reservation on the 30th December, I phoned myhotel and spoke to the manager Freddy. Please note I was ENQUIRING if it were possible - this point is very important later on.

Freddy explained as it was after 2pm the day before our visit, we would not be able to cancel the room, however, due to it being one of the most busiest nights he could attempt to re-sell the room should I decide I wanted to do so. At no point did I ask to cancel the room, this was made very clear, it was simply agreed that I would phone the next day (NYE) to confirm if we would like to cancel the booking.

We decided to stick with the room and did not want to cancel the booking, it was clear that no further communication was required and we therefore arrived in Brighton at 6:30pm on NYE. On arrival we were understandably shocked and disappointed to learn that our room had been "cancelled". We had not spoken to myhotel to request this, we had NOT BEEN NOTIFIED (again very important point) of any cancellation and even our parking permit was sitting at the front desk ready to go with our entry code. A female member of staff initially took responsibility after checking the system to discover the room was reallocated at 10am on NYE. The female member of staff advised the only room available was a basic, with two single beds pushed together. I was asked to pay the NYE premium price on the most basic room, something like £230 which is way more than I had paid for the more superior, needless to say I asked to speak to the manager.

Once the manager arrived, I quickly discovered it was Freddy, the same member of staff I had briefly spoken to the night before. Firstly, his attitude was appalling. He argued with me, dismissed my comments entirely, repeatedly interrupted to tell me 'no' mid sentence and finally accused me of cancelling the room. I told Freddy I had not cancelled the room, simply enquired about the possibility of doing so and was told no it was not possible (as above). I asked why he did not notify us of the cancellation, his response "I'm still on shift arent I". - outrageous! As previously stated, the room was cancelled at 10am so I can only assume he was waiting for us to arrive after 2pm to inform us verbally??? Unbelievable.

As I had a meal booked with my girlfriend, I decided to accept the basic room as I was already very tired and frustrated with the constant back and forth. Freddy initially tried to charge me £200-£230 (more than I had paid for the More Superior room) based on occupancy rules, followed by £160 and finally £120, for the lowest standard of room available in the hotel, whilst at the same time completely inadequate. This room can be booked for £75..........

After all of this, we attempted to park only to discover the hotel had also OVERSOLD the spaces meaning we were forced to find alternative parking. Freddy again seemed uninterested, and finally the female member of staff offered us a 25% discount on multi-storey NCP parking - still £25.10.

Add to this the fact the DVD player did not work in our room, the bedside lamps were also dead, and reception would not answer the telephone to help.

Overall, we are truly gutted. We had booked the top floor, panoramic view room, instead we were left in a box room with a white building wall 2ft from the window. We were also late for our meal as a result of arguing with Freddy for so long, ended up soaking wet walking back from the NCP car park, when we should have had plenty of time and underground parking.

There was absolutely no attempt to put this right on the night or any sympathy towards our New Year being ruined. I'm genuinely still so angry that a "guest relations manager" can have such poor customer service skills.

I have complained, and received an offer from Sarah the hotel manager for a £75 stay with the hotel. I am not going to pay you (AGAIN) for the SECOND time to stay somewhere I have absolutely no faith in??? I completely rejected the offer, and asked for a further gesture - I believe it is up to the hotel to restore my faith in the brand and ensure I have a pleasant stay, free of charge, with no random cancellations and attitude from staff - they do not agree.

Sarah has reiterated her belief that the proper procedure was followed (despite the procedure being to contact a guest even IF they had requested a re-sell and the room being subsequently sold). She has also advised the following "I believe that the procedure to resell the room was followed and this would not have been offered or discussed if it was not made clear the room was going back on sale" - no, no, no. So I am lying? And I would also turn up on NYE with my girlfriend, knowing full well the room was sold - interesting logic there.

No doubt management will respond on here, to highlight their belief that the procedure was followed, but no I'm sorry - it clearly wasn't.

---- /////// ---- ANYWAY, HERE IS THE IMPORTANT BIT ---- \\\\\\\ ---- The company I work for record all outbound and inbound calls, and I have a copy of the call made to myhotel brighton on disk. I'll be sending this to head office shortly, in order to prove my case. I couldn't care less about staying at the hotel at this point, I'd just like to highlight how poorly they dealt with the situation and the fact I have essentially been labelled a liar by management. It's almost unbelievable how the manager (twice) had to go and check with her member of staff to establish the truth - poor complaints management and a shame they employ a liar.

I hope the manager, member of staff and hotel in general receive further training with regards to customer service and following their processes, once head office receive my email.

I would definitely recommend you check out other nearby hotels such as Drakes, as they offer a better quality of accommodation and customer service.

Not impressed at all.

13 Thank Loveridge-A
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I love this hotel.. its UNIQUE with colour themed rooms, spotlessly clean/modern style and very helpful friendly staff from the Reception to the cocktail bar.... The room has speakers which you can plug your phone into with a lead they provide for you so u can have music throughout the room...It has its own car park below for £20 a night.... I will be coming back again in March and we are looking to book the Bamboo room with th free standing bath.. cant wait!!! MYHOTEL all the way!!!!

Room Tip: we went for a superior room.... nice size and view of the street in front..... with all windows at t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GraylingT
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I hadn't made arrangements to stay at this hotel, my wife had done that. To me it was going to be a surprise. I parked the car in their underground car park. The signs for reception were very helpful. We passed several staff members on our way who were helpful and pleasant.
Our booking in at reception was itself an enjoyable experience. Having been on the road for at least four hours I like things to be pleasant, comfortable and with no hiccups.
On arrival at our room, (having passed through the corridors of interesting, eye-pleasing décor), I immediately felt completely at home. The room had everything you would expect of a four star hotel, and more.

This is my first at a so called designer hotel and I really enjoyed stay.

1 Thank Mel W
Gosport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed at myhotel brighton 1/01/14. Checked in early no problem staff friendly stayed in a Superior Double room modern contemporary stylish and spotlessly clean. Location for this hotel is in one of the best places as its in the north lanes so everything is on your door step an array of bar restaurants and shopping to your hearts content. The hotel bar is obviously one of the places to be as people were queuing to get in the atmosphere is great. All in all our experience was Amazing. Oh forgot to mention if your driving as you may or may not know parking is a issue the hotel has parking but its very limited so pre book or there is a NCP two min walk away and if you tell reception the will give you a discount card to put in the machine when you pay which gives you a massive saving we paid £27 for 27hours of parking result when you look at the charges.

Room Tip: No tip as all rooms are Amazing
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fruit0000
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on 24/01 and had an amazing time.
On arrival we were greeted by Tobias and a lady (sorry I forgot her name) who were really welcoming, friendly and warm.
Tobias told me we had been awarded a lucky upgrade by the manager and would be staying in the Jade studio. After a quick check in we headed off to our room and found a gorgeous suite complete with round bed and massive free standing bath along side a roomy shower. The room was spacious with a large flat screen television, DVD, free water, and had all the accessories that some so called 5* hotels in London don't have whilst charging double the price.
The hotel is situated bang smack in the middle of Brighton Lanes which are beautiful to wander round which the various shops, restaurants and bars/pubs, the thing I personally like about this part of Brighton is the fact the atmosphere is so un threatening (Once you've been you'll know what I mean).
We had a stroll and then headed back to our beautiful room to find a note saying Happy Birthday Mrs H have 2 free drinks on us in the bar....again what a lovely touch. The bar is trendy and very fitting of the hotel and once again 10/10 for the service provided by the staff who like everyone else were full of smiles but not those false ones you sometimes get these days, and chatty.
During the evening we headed out for the evening and had a great time but this was all built on the foundation of starting the day by checking into the fabulous Myhotel Brighton.
I understand the managers name is Freddy, all I can is your staff are doing you proud and the hotel is a credit to you, we will be back in March we totally loved staying with you.

Room Tip: Parking is available in hotel at £29, which seems a lot but Brighton is an expensive place to park b...
1 Thank markhindy