“hotel with great design and comfortable space”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Taipei, Taiwan
“hotel with great design and comfortable space”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

creative deco and comfortable space where all type of travel are fitting. One Tesco just right across the hotel for daily supply... 5 min walk to the shopping center and 10 mins walk to the pier of Brighton a very convenient hotel to stay.

Room Tip: you have to ask for room type and decoration before your reservation, each floor is in different th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Polish first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Just returned from a lovely mid week stay at myhotel brighton. After staying at the chelsea hotel i heard about the brighton hotel and thought i would give it a go. I was in Brighton on business so thought why not.

The hotel is located in a fantastic position, Brighton being small a lot of other hotels are centrally located but this is bang in the middle. no more than a 5 minute walk to everything.
As i was hear on business i decided not to fork out lots of money but go for something, i chose a standard double, think was room 377 on the blue floor (guy at check in asked me what floor colour i would like and as blue is my favourite colour was a no brainer), the room was very basic but given the price of £85 i could not complain. The room comes with all the basic amenities of a standard room. i understand that the higher room categories come with wardrobe and minibar but my room did not.

The bathroom, while open plan did not cause me any issues as i was on my own, the bed was ridiculously comfortable. I even contacted the hotel after to find out where they buy their mattresses from.

I did not use the bar by reception but it looked very swanky and stylish.
The only issue i did have was the breakfast which i did not think followed the same style as the rest of the hotel.

All in all a fantastic stay but next time will not get Breakfast with the room

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Beautiful surrounding warm and friendly feel. Perfect location, bang in the middle of everything. The most friendly staff we've ever met. Fabulous experience from Reception staff and bar staff. Have started recommending already. Breakfast in the morning was yummy. My only fault would be the expensive car park. Yes its Brighton, but £29.50 is a little bit expensive to be honest.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I arrived late at night around 11 pm. I was checked in by George, who was very efficient. I had a choice of room between pink orange and blue floors. I picked the blue one. it was extremely comfortable.

The mattress is very firm, which is excellent if you have to stand up all day like I do. I was in room 394 which Is a standard double room, but it's on a corner so it has a wardrobe, mini bar, and a small table.

The wi fi was quick enough for watching the BBC iPlayer, so that ticked all my boxes, although apparently the wifi code will lock itsel to the first device that it is used on. To get another add an A on to the end of the number. George assured me he could make more if I needed them.

The shower is very spacious. The shampoo is luxurious and you have a wide range of body washes.

I tried to use the kettle with the wrong plug and blew the room's fuse. I called the front desk, and Nancy dealt with it immediately. I realised afterwards the plugs are labeled as being for chargers only! My mistake.

To conclude, very good service and good looking room with everything you'd expect in a hotel like this. Might be worth upgrading if you're there for more than one night, as I was offered an upgrade to a superior double room for ten pounds. I know there's normally a twenty pound difference between the two on the website.

Room Tip: 394 and presumably 393 are corner rooms so they've got more stuff. If you can get those two, ask...
London
Reviewed November 26, 2013

finally an hotel different from the usual chains. Superfunky colors, great cocktail bar, free wifi, cool and friendly staff, carpark on site (tip: book in advance). We celebrated our anniversary here and we wo,t forget it! see you next year!

Room Tip: Loved the moresuperior room, the second floor is orange!
ubud
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night - great welcome from Billy on arrival at the reception, discounted parking at the ncp car park round the corner, choice of colour of rooms. Room as always is very clean, very funky, hot shower and lovely bedding. Bar downstairs is always lively and serves great cocktails. right in the middle of the Laines and not a far walk from the front. would definately stay here again......

Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My partner and I have had a luxurious most enjoyable experience staying in myhotel with wonderful hospitality and personal touch. We booked a standard room and received a complimentary "Lucky upgrade" on arrival to one of the Bamboo suite. All I can say is wow!!!. The room was spotlessly clean, the minibar was well stocked, large selection of organic tea, filtered coffee (never seen before) etc. The bar also had a promotion going on for £5 cockrtails on a Friday Night and we had some amazing cocktails in the bar for a fairly cheap spend. The staff was very friendly and courteous. We will be returning. THANK YOU!