“Cool Boutique Hotel”

My Brighton
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Cool Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Location - from the Brighton train Station. (10-15 walking distance)
Service - The staffs are very friendly.
Cleanliness - The room was very clean & tidy
Sleep Quality - The bed was comfy. The bed linens were very clean as well.

The hotel located in the middle of the city, so it was quite easy for us to tour around. It is nice to have such a cool boutique hotel in a small city. If I go to Brighton again, I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Polish first
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I chose to take my wife here to celebrate her birthday and it was a great success - job done! I hate boring predictable functional modern chains but MyHotel Brighton is definitely an individual experience.

I booked the Jade "artist studio" and this was everything that a funky Brighton hotel should be. Large circular bed to match the curved windows, large shower and bath in the room. Perfectly filled mini-bar the great quality products etc etc. But things were not perfect .... Insufficient heating ( an electric fire was produced) and rather "tired" linen spoilt the overall experience.

Location is great. You could not be better placed to walk out into Brighton street life. And our third floor room was really quiet despite all that life in the hotel bar and surrounding streets. The underground carpark is small and expensive but, that's Brighton for you.

And I should mention the friendly, helpful welcome from the front desk - something which is not that common anywhere. Would I return. Certainly hope so!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
united kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have just got back from a great Friday night staying at myhotel Brighton.
The room was funky & bright - really nice comfy bed with views over the square.
We ate at the restaurant joined to the hotel chilli pickle - the food was amazing!! We finished our evening with a cocktail in the hotel bar - the barman recommended the Mytai cocktail - you have to try it - Flames & everything!!
I will definately go back!!

• Stayed November 2013
Scunthorpe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Nice helpful staff will greet you, the location is bang in the middle of town. Thats all great but the reason you chose a hotel is often based on the rooms. The room I had in this hotel was just awful. It was clean and tidy but it was hostile to human use. I had to move two items of furniture and the curtains, then unplug a standard lamp to free a power socket to use with my computer. To clear enough space to use that computer required resiting a potted plant.
The bed has ridiculous wings down the side which only serve to bash your shins when you return to bed in the dark. Why in the dark? You cant turn out the room lights from the bed. You have to cross the room to the only switch.
There wasnt a single horizontal surface in the bathroom to place toiletries. The bathroom was so dimly lit to make shaving a hazard.
I was in a suite, what must the other rooms have been like?
If you need to work avoid this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stigroadie
Barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We've spent a couple of nights @ myhotel Brighton, we've just felt in love of it.
The first impression was excellent the receptionist make us feel in a really homely enviorament. The location is also great, it is just 10min away from the sea front and it is just in the heart of the city where it is plenty of restaurants, pubs...
We have stayed on the second floor orange one and we love the bright color, the funky designed, definetely cheers you up after a tiring day a really comfy bed make the room be perfect.
The bar has a great staff whose serve a lovely cocktails. We're given on check in one complimentary voucher because of my husband's birthday and this was just the first one, we had too many... and all of them were lovely.

Everything was lovely!!!

PS: The breakfast doesnt match with the hotel's standard.
We have a nice stay with such friendly staff.We will come back!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Buckingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

From the moment we arrived at check in this place delivered. As someone who spends week nights in standard business hotels around the world we wanted somewhere a bit different for a weekend away, and this was. Starting at check in was a breath of fresh air, proper professional conversation , slick handling (Toby was his name). We had a superior room, comfy bed, funky mood lighting and the slightly odd bathroom set up as advised by previous trip advisor reviews and all to the dude of the hotel. This is a lively place in the midst of the Lanes so there is a buzz aka noise on a Saturday night, so if that's not for you.... The cocktail bar is clearly the place to be on a Saturday night it was heaving. Also recommended is the coffee bar at the front, really great coffee with fab service again. Can only recommend everything about the place

Room Tip: Side rooms are away from the Main Street and the bar if you want quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed at this and found it to be a great location, seemed to have everything you need for the young professional including an AUX lead to plug your IPOD into that is connected to speakers in the ceiling!. The only criticism I'd have is the room we had was quite small and the bathroom door is one of those see through ones (not my thing), but apart from that everything is great, it even has a really Cool Cocktail Bar downstairs which is perfect for a pre drink before a night out, or a night cap after a night out, when we visited they had a DJ playing house music which brought a great atmosphere to the place.
Oh and I thought the service was very arm and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple