“Central, clean, modern”

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Central, clean, modern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is modern and has you have probably seen from the photographs on tripadvisor, the rooms are all different colours.
On arrival, we were greeted by two friendly members of staff and they offered a room upgrade for £20. We accepted and were very pleased with our room.
During our stay, reception booked our taxis and a meal in the evening at the chilli pickle (which is right next to the hotel).
For anyone needing supplies there is a tesco's opposite, a cash machine, loads of restaurants around for the evening.
The reason for 4 and not 5 stars? The toilet door in the room is just frosted glass with a circular hole for a handle, I like my privacy when using this room!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Polish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed in the MyHotel earlier this month for a romantic weekend with my partner.
I really liked most of my experience during my stay this hotel and I would recommend it, however there were a few areas that let it down so I have only scored the hotel as average.

What is undeniably true about this hotel is that it's location is excellent. Situated an 8 minute walk from Brighton station it is right among the North Lanes which is where all the hustle and bustle of Brighton is - perfect for wondering around on a summers evening to watch street entertainers, followed by a bite to eat and a few cocktails afterwards.

Another superb factor about this hotel is the staff whom are friendly, polite and efficient. We let the staff know we were staying for an anniversary weekend and the staff had kindly provided us with two free drinks vouchers to utilise in the bar - which I thought was very sweet and a nice touch.

The Hotel itself is a contemporary design of white contrasted with vibrant colours, neon lighting, curved edges and high gloss finishes. It was actually this contemporary design that made me decide to book here, as I'm sure like many of the MyHotel's customers, I was pleased to see a mid-range hotel without old carpets and outdated furniture. The hotel also provided some lovely toiletries (I think they have some sort of relationship with alocal spa), as well as range of coffee and tea sachets to make your own brews, a hairdryer and a flat screen TV on the wall.

So to briefly summarise the things that I didn't like about the hotel;

The toilet - the toilet did not have a proper door on it and only had a thin glazed glass panel across it which was not sound proof. Although this fits with the Hotel's contemporary design I think this decision was probably a step too far considering that the rooms are quite small and the bathroom is only 2-4ft away from the bed. Myself and my partner laughed when we saw it but nevertheless we would have preferred a standard door on the toilet.

Room Service - No room service is offered in this hotel. After a few cocktails too many on our first night at the hotel, myself and my partner would have loved the option to have breakfast in bed the next morning but unfortunately we had to get up. Not a problem really but when we went downstairs we realised that the 'restaurant' is really a bar which was dark and cold and not somewhere we fancied having breakfast.

No Mini Bar/Fridge - the room did not have a minibar in it & this would have been preferred as we wanted to have a drink or two together whilst getting ready for our night out in Brighton so that was a bit annoying. However what was really a nuisance was that the room didn't have a fridge in it and we had bought a bottle of (warm) champagne down with us so we were unable to drink this together on our anniversary as planned. Also, I would have liked to have put a couple of water bottles in the fridge.

No wardrobe - there was a hook in the wall and a couple of hangers on it but we were staying for 3 days and there was just no wear enough space to hang your clothes! Not ideal when you have brought your best gown with you...

No view - we hadn't paid for a sea view or anything like that so this isn't a big issue however our room did look onto the wall of the building next to it (which if you were very tall you might be able to touch it was so close).

Would I recommend to a friend? Yes I would. I'd probably say; it's unusual hotel that offers something different to 90% of the hotels in the UK, and it's in a great location with superb staff so it's definitely worth a stay. However, bear in mind that it's a bit style over substance in some areas but it's not a luxury hotel so maybe I'm was just expecting too much from it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is great! The decor is great, something a bit different but suits Brighton. I just booked one night due to visiting a friend, but it was the best nights stay I've had in ages and wish I could have stayed for longer. Will return for sure! I was greeted by a man called Jirtz he was very helpful and told me about some good places to eat and visit while I was in Brighton. The bar was great aswell, I had some unusual cocktails and the staff were very knowledgeable. Overall it was a great stay and I recommend it to everyone!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Great Torrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is our third stay at My Hotel,we choose to stay here due to its ideal location ,near our daughters, in the heart of the city,close to the theatres,shops and all the action ! We therefore miss out on sea views and peaceful nights. The staff are always pleasant and helpful, especially the charismatic Polish barman. The decor is light,bright and appealing with large ,comfortable bed and good sized rooms . The open plan bathroom is not ideal.I like the curved seat in the window which is great for people watching,whilst sipping coffee.it's just a shame that you look out at Tesco extra and an office block.We prefer to have our breakfasts around the corner at Bill's- great atmosphere,food and staff. It can get very busy at times.

Room Tip: It might be worth paying more for a room with a view,although I'm not sure there can be much mor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

All the decor so vibrant I was worried I wouldn't get to sleep. The staff were exceptionally polite and helpful. Located right next to the lanes (and tesco extra, wagamama, yo sushi too). I parked under the hotel but there's not much room so worth booking

• Stayed October 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great welcome from hot Latvian guy and sweet Spanish girl, couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. I loved the More Superior room tho the all plain white walls are maybe a bit too minimalist.
Everyone mentions the open plan bathroom. I didn't mind it but do need to turn up tv when toilet in use! Lovely spacious shower.
Great location and dozens of cafes 5 minutes away with cooked breakfast for £5-10. Search online for bargains - we got 50% off but note parking is £20-30 a night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking Jubilee square - don' t have the noise of ones on facing the stree...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Villennes-sur-Seine, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is my second stay at the My Hotel in Brighton. People at reception are very nice and helpful, the room are modern and colourful - beds very comfortable. The shower could be a bit more powerful. I was jsut a bit disappointed this time to have a room with 'no view' or a view on a white wall ... But appart from that I really liked the hotel. Well located in the centre of Brighton. Lots of pubs and small restaurants around.

Room Tip: If possible book a superior room if you want to get a better view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business