“Fresh, colourful, comfortable”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Designer hotel in the centre of Brighton, right next to the Dome.

Superior Double room was spacious, light, clean and modern. Curved walls and ambient lightning with gradually changing colours - all adds up to a pleasant stay.

Good choice of snacks and drinks available in minibar (the best Rosé I ever had). Apparently Indian-cusine restaurant in the hotel is popular, but since I'm not into spicy food I cannot say much. There are plenty of places to eat just next door.

I had a similar feeling at myHotel as during my stay at Missoni hotel in Edinburgh.

Not cheap, but you can get good deals when booking online in advance. Overall, highly recommended for Brighton.

• Stayed: September 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,305)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Loved the design details in this hotel. The rooms were quirky and clean and made a good use of the space. We had a superior double overlooking the shopping street to the front. This was a bit noisy on one of our nights with revellers shouting outside in the street. We stayed midweek but I can imagine that at weekends it could be very noisy due to the bar located on the ground floor of the hotel, so where possible I would say to ask for a room at the back.

I loved the fact that within the ground floor of the hotel there was an excellent indian restaurant, superb coffee bar and funky bar. The location is just perfect for the North Laines and Pavilion area and I will definitely be visiting again as very good value for money.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back for a quiet night
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Harrington suite for our anniversary and it really exceeded our expectations. Room and service were first class as was the Chilli Pickle. Thoroughly recommended. The suite itself was really quirky and the location was great for getting around.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank daddyg_uk
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great Hotel but its a pity there is no draft beer in the hotel. Rooms are different but very pleasing. Finding the main door from the road is tricky. Good food outlets nearby and the staff wre very helpful in all respects.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was in Brighton for a conference, and MyHotel was recommended to me by a colleague. Upon check-in, I was asked if I wanted a blue, green, or pink room--I went with the pink. I was then asked "front or back"--I said, whichever is quieter, and the clerk said "definitely back. "That choice landed me in a room on the first floor, and they weren't kidding when they said the room was pink. Boy was it ever! But it was fun and spacious and very nice. I was by myself so the open plan bathroom wasn't an issue, but if you are sharing with another, be aware that you might get to know them rather intimately. The location was great--very close to the pier, and lots of other restaurants and pubs. I tried to get a table at the Chilli Pickle, but you need reservations on the weekend. Tesco is right across the street for snacks, which makes it easy to avoid the well-stocked but pricey mini-bar in the room. The only issue I had was with the wifi--my initial code didn't work, so they had to give me another one. And then after two days, that one stopped working too. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly though, so it was resolved quickly.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

MyHotel offers fun and funky large rooms in wild designs and colors, free wifi, an upscale lobby bar, excellent customer service, and an ideal location. What more is there to say. Bravo MyHotel Brighton!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Set in a prime location I found MyHotel to be a fresh and fun place to stay.
The staff were very helpful and the hotel itself was clean, bright and modern.
My only criticisms would be the open plan bathroom.
The shower was lovely and large however the glass door of the toilet kind of took the romance out of the stay... Not great if you're in at the early stages of a relationship and trying to maintain at least a little bit of mystery!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple