“A weekend with my son”

My Brighton
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“A weekend with my son”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I travel to Brighton infrequently but when I do my wife and I stay at My Hotel. It is really well located in the centre of town with easy access to the sea front and many of the towns good eateries.
Rooms are very unusual which adds to the interesting experience. The public areas, whilst relatively small, are just what is needed and a bar that is vibrant and 'colourful'.

Room Tip: The higher floors are better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. The rooms although small were very nice, big pillows warm fluffy quilt, wet room, tea & coffee facilities and a TV.
The staff are very nice and made me feel very welcome, nothing was to much trouble. When I enquired about stuff they found out the information for me and rang me to let me know.
Breakfast was nice.... everything was nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Haslemere, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had a lovely 3-night stay here (note that to get some of the deals you have to book them individually online which is a bit of a faff!).
Hotel is excellently located and has parking (albeit at extortionate prices - try to plan ahead and park on someone's drive!)
First impressions are good, but a closer look shows that things need some TLC to keep the standard up (for example the bed was VERY squeaky).
Finally got to the bar on the Sunday night (there is another good one - Valentino's (above the Mexican) down the road), and had some lovely cocktails.
Friday and especially Sunday nights were good value, but Saturday very pricey indeed - but that's supply and demand I guess!
Our room was north facing and even then the light coming in in the morning woke us early (recommend taking an eye mask!)

2 Thank Andy C
Staplehurst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here this weekend just gone, it was our second stay here, both times on our wedding annivesary....
We think its a fantastic hotel, young, funky and stylish. It has a brilliant position close to all shops and bars etc and suits us perfectly for our needs.
The cocktail bar downstairs is awesome and the staff are very helpful indeed.
We are already planning our stay next year and hope to stay 2 nights rather than one....
My only slight concern is the lack of privacy in the toilet area but it does not put us off coming back next year.

1 Thank derren c
Hook, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Loved this hotel. Only stayed for one night on a weekend away, but loved the quirkiness.
We had a fantastic greeting when we checked in and when offered a choice of colours we chose an orange room (favourite colour). It didn't disappoint it was definitely orange! The whole style of the room was very appealing with the colours and curviness and definitely the colour changing mood lighting, which gave the room such a comfortable feel. The finish in the room was of very high standard, no niggles, and the shower was very good. The bed was queen size, nice for snuggling, and comfortable. The view was of a wall - we obviously chose the wrong room for views, but frankly that didn't matter. And location wise being right near the lanes and all the cafes and restaurants was excellent. Really liked this hotel and would definitely come back.

1 Thank SIXOCLOCKTICKET
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was exactly what we needed. Fun, young and modern. Great, fresh continental breakfast. Ideal location that is near the Lanes and Churchill Square. Fun bar. Beds are really comfy, towels big and thirsty. Overall great stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here for two nights, midweek, whilst visiting Brighton and Chichester. Was looking for a nice, central hotel and this one appeared to do the job. The price wasn't cheap (£150 per night) so I was expecting more than Premier Inn standard.

Finding the hotel was hard work. There's little signage - you're looking for a nondescript door between a restaurant and a cafe. Check-in was smooth - staff were very friendly. Was offered a pink or orange room!

My 'More Superior' room didn't really offer anything 'superior' other than a window (it would appear the interior 'standard' rooms don't have windows!) and certainly didn't look anything like the pictures on the website. It was very small with a tiny 'bathroom' (in quotes as it's basically a sink in the corner of the room). There's hardly any room to move at the foot of the bed. Not what I'd expect for the price. The view was one of the nicer (one side overlooks Tesco, the other two even worse) overlooking the square. However beware! I was on the first floor and was only aware afterwards that the people sitting in the square get a full view of you in your room!

Worst of all was the lack of working air con. The room was unbearably hot and the air con just couldn't cope. The hotel set the thermostat's minimum temperature so you couldn't properly cool the room. Their answer? They gave me a fan. The room was also looking rather tired - there's clearly been little regular maintenance.

Free Internet is available however it was very intermittent for me. Parking is extremely limited and extremely expensive (£20 a day - £30 a day at weekends!)

Yes, it's a modern(ish), trendy looking hotel but for the price I'd definitely look elsewhere in Brighton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo