“Great location - brilliant hotel”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
North London
“Great location - brilliant hotel”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Decided to stay here after reading the reviews on trip advisor and I wasn't disappointed . Very chic and stylish and the bed was so comfortable !! Great cocktail bar only wish we had tried the chilli pickle restaurant .
Can't wait to go back and stay there again

Room Tip: 2nd floor is better as it is less noisy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel via last minute travel and managed to get a good price, we prebooked our car parking space a week before as well.

The hotel itself is very easy to find, it's right opposite a Las Iguanes and next door to a very plush Pizza Express. Upon arriving we just parked up on the street whilst we nipped into reception to get the code for the car park. The car park itself was VERY small and only had 1 way to get in and out so not ideal if someone was coming down as you were going up.

When we walked into the hotel it mostly definitly is a wow moment! it is vibrant, clean and has a lovely indian aroma!

The receptionist was EXTREMLY polite, helpful and really made you feel welcome. We were asked which floor we wanted and chose floor 1 which was Pink and Purple - we didn't actually realise we would get to pick the floor let alone the colour scheme! so a lovely surprise.

The layout of the hotel, the doors, the rooms are amazing. It felt very chic and modern and is mostly certain a cut above any hotel I have stayed in so far.

We had a cocktail in the bar which was again was lovely and the staff were polite and accomodating!

The location is about a 2 minute drive from the pier and a 5 minute drive from the Marina.

If you are planning on a stay in Brighton without a doubt I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal Palace
Reviewed June 12, 2013

If its value for money you’re looking for then this is not the place for you, if it’s an amazing time in a great location with lots to do and see then this place is an absolute must.
Hotel was amazing, slap bang in the middle of Brighton’s Lanes and North Laines its sits well with it surroundings with its quirky interior design and friendly helpfully staff to make for a more than pleasant stay.
Plenty going on around the hotel whether it be to eat, drink, shop or a trip to the sea front you’re spoilt for choice.
Would highly recommend and will be staying again in the near future.
Thanking everyone at the hotel for a great stay and the service provided.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you like traditional this is not for you but if you want a truly awesome hotel with fantastic individualistic rooms then look no further. Situated at the heart of everything, design is done to within a inch of its life......I am generally a miserable sod and having been in hundreds of hotels around the world this was was certainly a cut above. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Owenforest
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed June 11, 2013

A bit overdone? Yes but in a really good way. What a lovely room. Heavenly! Seems someone has taken care of every little detail. I feel super cared for here and am impressed at the super friendly service. I'm looking forward to some sweet dreams tonight and I am sure I will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at Myhotel Brighton last Saturday. Our room was clean, bright and quiet in spite of the busy location. The modern design made a refreshing change from the normal dowdy presentation of British hotels. The staff were friendly and efficient, breakfast was a delight and the location, in the heart of the buzzing city centre, was ideal for a weekend spent visiting galleries, shops and restaurants. We spent a very entertaining hour after our evening meal, in the ultra cool cocktail bar on the ground floor - not somewhere to go for a quiet chat, but for people-watching, I can't think of many places to beat it. We've stayed in Brighton several times in the last three years while our daughter has been a student there. There are lots of hotels in Brighton, most of them shabby old piles where the owners can get away with poor quality because of year-round high demand. Myhotel looks different even before you step inside - you can see that some careful thought has gone into every aspect of its design. Our experience suggests that the staff understand that by getting the simple things right, they can enhance the experience of guests. We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Neil P
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

this is an odd hotel. if it wasnt in Brighton which has a surfeit of horrible old fashioned seafront hotels then it would come pretty low on my list. it is a very basic hotel with a view "design" touches - funky paintwork and carpets and plastic furniture in the bedrooms. the welcome was excellent - very friendly and helpful. However I paid the usual overprice car park charge (£15 per night) and then next morning was asked for it again as it wasnt shown on my account. if i hadn't had the receipt I wouldn't have been believed. the room was very basic, i thought it had a a frosted glass window but i turned out it was facing a blank white wall four feet away, this created a rather cold atmosphere and the room was one you didnt really want to linger in.
breakfast is served in the attached coffee bar which was an innovative and actually quite successfull idea. we had great coffee and pastries, orange juice and muesli. it was a good atmosphere and better than the usual stuffy buffet. the only problem being the coffee bar was quite popular and you might have to queue with the commuters.
However the worst part was after we left, we left behind two phone chargers. to send them off they wanted £5 - fair enough - its a hassle and a cost. however to pay this they send a form to give our bank details as they couldnt take payments over the phone. i e mailed the document but a week later i rang and they still hadnt sent the chargers as they hadnt received a paper copy of the form with my signature. without this they couldnt take the money and send the chargers. I rang up and asked were they serious that in this century they couldnt take payment on the phone? no - for "security" reasons they couldnt without a photograph of my signature. I was amazed - there was no logic to this, they dont even know what my signature looks like! i said please lets just do this now, but no " could be anybody giving details of somebody elses card" . Why amending this with a signature they hadnt seen before would help I have no idea. I have never heard of an organisation, particularly a hotel, not taking payments over a phone. It beggars belief. I said if I send £5 in the post could you just stick in the post today? the manager promised she would...that was three days ago. so thats me lost as a customer to "MyHotel"because a) they are bonkers and dont understand card security b) when customer needs help you try to find a fix not stick to corporate b******s

Room Tip: try and get one on the outside so that you get a view otherwise its oppresive
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business