“Clean and Central Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Clean and Central Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Myhotel and will return. Modern, clean but basic. Car parking available in the hotel's underground car park. We liked it's central location and access to numerous restaurants and a convenience store. Bathroom is open plan and toilet has glass frosted door, so if you require privacy from the person you are sharing a room with, this isn't for you.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the street with window seats are great for people watching.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Polish first
Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here the night before running in the Brighton marathon.
On arrival staff were very helpful and friendly, first impressions of the hotel were excellent and i was not disappointed with my room, it was very trendy, clean, fresh and a great change. My bed was really comfortable and i found it hard to wake up!
I would not hesitate to stay here again, it is in a great central location for exploring and there are some lovely restaurants right by the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my girlfriend.

The location is good, near the lanes and less than 10 minute walk from the seafront. The rooms are pricey and I just felt that they did not reflect value for money. Sure the rooms are bright and quirky, but whilst the were modern they just didn't feel luxurious. I felt that they looked tacky and that they were made from cheap plasticky materials. Oh and the mini bar was ridiculously overpriced.

The beds were extremely comfortable though and the hotel cocktail bar was excellent.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Justin S
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive about booking myhotel as I had been told by a friend that the noise from the bar downstairs kept them up when they stayed. However, the hotel is so central and was next to my conference at the Dome so I took the risk. I was on the 3rd floor and didn't hear any noise from the bar. Reception staff were very friendly and told me everything I needed to know. The room itself was a mixed bag! The window was very small and looked out onto a wall but I wasn't expecting great views. On first look it seems very modern and fresh with lots of white and bright colours. Look closely though and you can tell it is not all great. The main lights are quite dull and bedside lights awfully bright. I was staying on my own as a business traveller but with no bathroom door and a window to the shower this is not the hotel to stay in if you're there with friends or anyone where privacy is needed. The tv didn't work very well with limited channels which is a bit old fashioned nowadays but free wifi was a bonus even if it wasn't always reliable and only seemed to work on one device. The bed was ok but a bit small and the chairs had cracks, which gave it a run down feel at times. The mini bar was very well stocked and there was everything you need. I wouldn't say it was particularly luxurious for the money but good for business trips. The general areas in the hotel were nice, great bar! The breakfast in the cafe (which was included) was basic, options are pretty much a Danish or bacon roll. Long queues for food and all quite squashed on bar stools with tables that were not particularly clean. However the staff in the cafe were great and coffee perfect. Don't go expecting a typical hotel breakfast. I wouldn't say it was worth the £10 extra on the room and I noticed if I had just bought what I ordered as a walk in it would have been much cheaper. Overall, it's ok, great location and staff but been to better hotels.

Room Tip: 394, no noise but it was small and rubbish view. I wouldn't recommend this one, I'm sure the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Biddenham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Brilliant hotel with the funky open bathrooms and the comfortable modern rooms. Try the cocktail bar at the bottom of the hotel!

Make sure you book the car park in plenty of time as we had to park locally in a pay and display.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

we decided on this hotel after working out the mystery hotel on lastminute.com, we was drawn to the quirky style of the hotel and thought why not go for that something a little different, On arrival we managed to get a space in there car-park where we was stopping for two nights, Toby on reception was extremely pleasant and helpful and making the booking in process a complete breeze. The rooms are really funky and minimalist, i have stopped in bigger rooms compared to other 4 star hotels but i loved the room, it was clean and tidy and gave you everything you needed except there is no draw space, so your hanging you clothes up, The bed was again a little on the small side but the missus preferred it that way, so we was closer together.

location was perfect, with bars and places to eat just right by each other, it take roughly 10 minutes to walk to the sea front and right opposite the hotel is a tesco express just in case you need to get some extra items for your night or nights stay

the car park is small but you can get round, i would ring ahead and see if you can get a reserved space because if you park outside the hotel you have missed the entrance to the car park and with the one way system its off around you go, Our SatNav took us to the wrong end of the street so we had to go round twice

The staff, were second to none, they made you feel very welcome and really couldn't do enough for you, i read one review where they said they needed have enough milk, so we put this to to the test and asked for more milk in the room, within a few minutes a smartly dressed man was at our door with more milk cartons, the next test was the Wifi the code we was given didn't work again within a few minutes someone was on the phone telling us its now working.

one thing i loved about the reception staff was that they were always smiling as you walked past and enquire if everything was ok, As mentioned before Toby was the person that stood out for us, he was always polite and smiling and nothing was too much trouble for him. This alone has made us in the future returning guests to Myhotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob M
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

we deliberated between Kempton townhouse hotel and my hotel
we only required one night and Kemptown min was two!
We were only very slightly disappointed but on the whole the hotel was great
the disappointments were
1 the bedroom was starting to look a bit tired with chipped woodwork and stains on the bathroom floor
and 2 one of those uber cool open bathrooms! ok if you are a couple but not as I was with my young neice!
she was more embarrassed than I was!
anyway I would recommend it still as there was
lovely friendly staff
quite cool bar and very busy café attached
all pretty good

Room Tip: top floor overlooking jubilee sqaure
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends