“Lovely staff and inspiring rooms for business meetings!”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff and inspiring rooms for business meetings!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I popped into My Hotel whilst wandering around Brighton looking for places to put on business workshops. We'd heard a lot of great reviews for My Hotel so I enquired about room hire.

The staff were so friendly and very helpful, they took me on a tour of the possible rooms and told me all about their availability without the pressure to shake on a date there and then.

The rooms were all perfect, natural light, well equipped and inspiring for business meetings. We booked the Rishi room - brilliant decor and tech facilities, our guests loved it. We didn't have to ask for a thing - tea, coffee and pastries on arrival and enough stationery, apples on the tables and fresh water. Really perfect! It was great how we could alter the temperature ourselves too. (I get cold a lot!)

Would without a doubt book this room/hotel again and I'm even looking into getting a room there (although I live in Central Brighton!) just because it's such a nice place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked this hotel as a treat for my wife on Valentine's Day. She didn't know anything about it until lunchtime on the day when I collected her from work. We stayed in the Jade room, which if you look at the website says it all. Having arrived at the hotel a little early, Toby was on reception and could not have been more helpful. Providing codes for the car park directions to the treatment rooms where the boss went for massage directions relating to everything in the hotel. Although the hotel does not have a full on breakfast, I can honestly say that a very enjoyable stay was topped off by the cheese roll which I had for breakfast! No problems with this hotel at all, will return when in Brighton and above all thank you Toby

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel has a great central location in Brighton. Not so close to the ocean but close to many restaurants and shops. The hotel itself is very "trendy"... to some that could be a bit annoying but we thought it was cute. The bathrooms definitely do not have any privacy so take that into consideration. The beds were quite comfortable. The check in process was quick and they were helpful. The Indian restaurant downstairs was very good. Definitely a 3.5-4 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here on a 2 day course with work. The lady who ran the course contacted the hotel to advise them that I had allergies, gluten and dairy free. They couldn't have done more to help. In the conference room I had almond milk (at my request) and gluten free biscuits and fresh fruit provided with tea and coffee and my hotel room had small almond milk cartons. They bought my lunch in from a local caterer and used a different one each day so I would get variety. For breakfast they provided gluten free cornflakes and gluten free museli with almond milk.

The hotel itself was quirky, the communal toilets next to the bar took some getting used to and the hotel room itself was pink, very pink! The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable although the bedside tables were built into the bed and took some getting used to as the quilt had a tendency to knock things on the floor. The toilets are egg shaped and if you're not sharing a room the lack of privacy in the bathroom isn't an issue.

Mood lighting in the room is very relaxing and I didn't have any time to try the TV. The hotel is right in the middle of town so everything is just a short walk away.

Room Tip: If you're using the conference room on the first floor try and get a room on the same floor othe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 16, 2013

What a crazy, quirky yet trendy hotel this is. We stayed here during a stay in Brighton and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The rooms seem like a ziggy stardust high, but they are unique and spacious, well kept and with interesting art.

The bathroom was particular nice, and I liked how this was isolated from the main room. We were a little disappointed that the hotel did not over room service after hours, but to their credit they did provide us with some takeaway menus and delivered it to our door.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
bristol
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My Hotel in Brighton is quirky, and trendy, rooms spotlessly clean, bed very comfortable.
Ideally situated in the centre of town.
The bar was buzzing, staff helpful and polite, as with other reviews the downside is no privacy in the bathroom, see through toilet door and shower visible from bed. My other gripe is the window coverings, we were at front of hotel looking directly into office building with people working late into the night and with only roller blinds at the windows ( huge picture windows) the options are total darkness or wave to the workers!!! luckily i remembered not to open the blind on waking! other than that the hotel lives up to 4stars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Arrived with the wife last minute dot com .... Searched online usual crap and wasted time! But them found this hotel ... Great buzz on arrival Saturday early evening bar busy great restaurant next door fully booked what a shame! Great service fantastic clean and spacious room included a brilliant breakfast unlimited coffee and pastries ... A little over priced overall but will definitely be back! Thanks

• Stayed February 2013