“Wacky 70's revival!”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We only stopped off here for one night but it was loads of fun, and reminiscent of the 70's rounded shapes with high colour accents coupled with a touch of spiritualism in Merkaba usage and globe crystal illuminations that change colour in the bedroom!

We were very fortunate to get an upgrade and the room was spacious, curvy, pink and minimalist, with a bathroom designed by a female hippy.... loved it! For once the mirror gave an all round view of my hairstyle and the presentation of the extras were aimed at female preening.

Rather an open air loo, but not being shy with my partner it didn't make any difference to me, rather good actually as we could carry on chatting!

The bed had lovely linen, hugely comfy and we slept well, but be careful with the 'side wings' of the bed carcass as they jut out. The hot drinks tray is hidden away in the wardrobe, and we missed it and after moaning about not having that facility then spied it tucked away.

Only one negative comment, we had a long lie in and didn't get down to breakfast until 9.30 (closes at 10.00) which is taken in the coffee shop and not a proper area. There were no bakeries left, and they could only offer a egg roll. On the side the staff nonchalantly waved to an cereal area and later on the other side of the cafe I saw some juices but it was all hit and miss and really not a proper breakfast. My advice is to try and book room only and take a nice breakfast down the road where there are many independent charming welcoming cafes.

The bar served great cocktails and was buzzing by late evening with a good atmosphere. Overall I would only stay here on quick visits but it is ideal for a central location and a bit of fun.

Room Tip: The lower floors at the front suffer from road noise and 'cleaning up' noises during the nig...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for My Brighton

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Simplicity mixed with tasteful design. Spacious room, comfortable bed and exceptionally clean. Location perfect in the middle of Brighton but the rooms are very quiet. A handy Tesco Express opposite for a late night snack to takeaway. Very friendly welcome on arrival. Would recommend staying in this hotel.
Not sure about the £15 charge for parking but then again it's almost impossible to park in Brighton at the best of times.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stay here lots with work and its. Great hotel. Really funky, fantastic decor, the bar is great and the restaurant is very good as well. In the middle of town so very close to all amenities. It's a lively area with bars and restaurants but the rooms are very quiet. Rooms have I-pod connections and Apple TV. Breakfast in the coffee bar is simple, healthy and nice. Great to be able to have it to take away as well. The beds are very comfy and the rooms are always very clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank minikitten
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed in Brighton at Myhotel for our wedding on 11th January 2013. When we arrived, the staff were friendly, helpful, arranged Champagne in the room and let us check-in early, and arranged parking as well!! all in the centre of Brighton!. The Hotel was very funky, with great designed rooms and bar, plus a lovely coffee shop downstairs, with a fantastic restaurant, attached to the hotel (however it was fully booked on the second night, unfortunately). In the middle of Brighton, it was surprisingly quiet in the room, but a really busy hotel (so the best of both worlds), we could not rate this hotel higher.

I have recently stayed in several 5* hotels in Hong Kong, India, and the Middle East and rate this as the BEST!!

Fantastic!

John and Emma

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John R
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I don't live in Brighton any more and I miss this hotel/bar. The long, stylish fishtank bar houses some great mixologists who are passionate about educating you and the rooms upstairs are really fun, a mix of contemporary bright colours with a teeny twist of kitsch. I daren't count the fun nights I've had here for fear of being shocked by my cocktail addiction.
As a hotel guest you couldn't be better placed, in the middle of the funky north lanes, 5 minutes from the seafront.
In 3 words: Classy, contemporary cocktails. Oh, and great for a bit of people watching.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed Friday and Saturday nights. The rooms were really cool and comfortable and the bed was great. The staff were brilliant too. If travelling by car make sure you book parking. Location is cool too

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank Vix1487
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed at MyHotel Brighton for New Years and had a great experience!! The hotel was very classy and clean with incredibly friendly staff. The hotel is surrounded by all the major attractions of the city and was in the perfect location for us to have a celebration dinner and later drinks at the exceptional hotel bar. If you are going to Brighton this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends