“A very pleasant stay…..”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My girlfriend booked a standard room for us as part of my 30th Birthday surprise to Brighton.

On signing in at reception we were given a complimentary upgrade to a superior double and drinks to mark the occasion.

The room was very clean, spacious, modern and facilitated our every need. We found all the staff extremely pleasant and helpful.

The location of the hotel was great and was very close to the high street, bars, restaurants, local attractions and Brighton Pier.

On the day we checked out there is a service whereby we could leave our luggage at reception whilst we visited the pier which we found extremely useful.

The only issue we did have was a charge that was debited to my account after checkout. I contacted the hotel and discussed the situation with them when I noticed.

The duty manger contacted me back promptly, apologised discussed and resolved the situation immediately to my satisfaction, which for me was what counted the most.

So rest assured in the unlikely event that you do encounter any issues, they will be addressed promptly and professionally.

When I do return to Brighton I would most defiantly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try and go for the superior double as this is more spacious than the standard double
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank misspalmer82
There are newer reviews for My Brighton

Reviewed November 14, 2012

What can I say, you walk in, very funky reception. Reception staff so friendly and helpful, and were actually knowledgeable of the area, recommending where to go for drinks and meals...

My room was amazing, plugged in my ipod out came my tunes through the ceiling...
My room was pink...So girly, don't worry boys I believe each floor has a different colour theme..

Comfy beds, toiletries beter than most for the price...

All in all beats the pants off the chains at similar prices...

Room Tip: Girls - first floor - Pink Boys - second floor - Blue
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pip75
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Facts: location is spot on, car parks all around, tesco express over the road, shops, places to see and eat when you step out the door. Rooms are funky and clean, very colourful and trippy. Nice little bar serving nice beers and cocktails in frozen glasses too! Great bar staff and a lovely coffee bar to have breakfast in.
Opinion: The only drawback for me (which won't affect most of you) is the lack of gym - it's a 5 min run up to by the train station; I also found it pricey with beers around £4 and the room cost almost double of what I pay just around the corner. You pay for the conveniences here.

If your stopping on business and can expense it then fine but if its out of your own pocket you can probably get not too dissimilar experience at half the price. That said its an unusual hotel so if you fancy a change then give it a whirl.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great central location (7 minutes walk to the station, 10 minutes to the sea, shopping/bars right outside), friendly reception offered us a choice of rooms (we stayed in a more superior room on the top floor). Room had everything we needed with floor to ceiling windows, enough space and a well designed bathroom. Trendy popular cocktail bar downstairs. Overall good place to stay, but only negatives would be: breakfast was nice but for £10 you could get a cooked one at Carlucchios across the road. The integral side table /panel to the bed could be smaller. Minor things, but would stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for top floor if possible
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jump32
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Very clean ,good size room, situated central in Brighton , close to beach and shops. Staf very friendly.
Good food in restaurant.
I like to come back to this hotel every time.

I recommend this hotel to every one.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We booked one night at myhotel and wished we booked more! The room was amazing and the service was very good too! We didn't manage to get a table at the Indian restaurant downstairs so we went across the road to las inguanas which was amazing! Only downside was the breakfast, if we stayed again we would go elsewhere for more variety and better value for money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have used the hotel on serveral occasions & thought it was about time I caught up on reviews. The hotel is very modern & the beds comfortable - I am sure that the style of the rooms would not be to everyones taste. The bright colours do take a bit of getting used to!
It is a very clean and functional place and I always get a warm welcome & have recieved free upgrades on more that one occasion.
You will see from my individual grades that if simple maths was used MyHotel should be 5* grading from me. The reason I have only given it 4 stars is the breakfast is pretty un-interesting. Despite that MyHotel is my hotel of choice when staying in Brighton

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business