“Excellent Location - Fantastic Hotel”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I booked a weekend stay here based on the reviews I had seen on TripAdvisor – and it definitely didn’t disappoint. Decorated in a modern contemporary style, the hotel is situated in the vibrant North Laine area of Brighton. Here you are surrounded by cafes, bars and all the entertainment you could require whilst visiting the city. The hotel is a stone throw from the Royal Pavilion and Komedia is just one street along.

We opted to stay in the Bamboo Studio – another good choice. It is beautiful corner room with feature circular bed, open plan bathroom, sound system to plug your ipod into and floor to ceiling curved windows.

The hotel has an underground car park but there is limited car parking space so I would suggest you request it at the time of booking. Parking in Brighton is not cheap and parking here will set you back £25 per night on the weekend, but we found it to be the easiest option.

The hotel has a very busy cocktail bar, a coffee shop selling exquisite coffee and pastries plus a very good Indian restaurant. We opted not to take breakfast at the hotel but visited Carluccios which is immediately opposite the front of the hotel – I can definitely recommend this.

The hotel provided the perfect base for our weekend away. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Although a little more expensive the corner studio rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Petplant
Write a ReviewReviews (2,297)

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked up a 3 night stay in Myhotel just for a little getaway, so had a reasonable budget and wanted something trendy and in a good location.

We got the train from London Victoria and after a very quick 50 minute journey and a 5 minute walk from the Brighton train station, we were at the doors of Myhotel! We were checked in with ease and in quick time and was asked where we'd prefer our room "on the 2nd or 3rd floor" - I had booked a more superior double and we decided to go for the 3rd floor.

Our room was a good size with a great bed and lovely floor to ceiling windows. Our room faced the library so the blinds came in handy as I'm sure people could see into the room from across the road, but as we were on the 3rd floor, I don't think too much was on show! The bathroom could be a little awkward as it's very open with see-through doors, but I didn't mind this so much. Only downside if I had to pick about the room would be that you can't open any windows for fresh air, yet there is aircon/heating you can use. There was no noise from outside or other guests, yet we did stay from Monday-Thursday so I expect weekends would be busier. But overall, we loved the room!

The bar downstairs was perfect, we finished our first night in here and I had the barman create a cocktail that wasn't on the menu for me, which he offered and was more than happy to make! Really friendly and helpful in there.

I had a perfect stay and loved the hotel, I'd definitely love to go back!

Room Tip: You can ask to leave luggage if you need to when you check out!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked a one-night stay here to surprise my partner for her birthday and we both loved it.

Brighton has loads of traditional seaside hotels that can be more shabby than chic, but still with that certain charm. Brighton also boasts loads of B&Bs run by locals offering you a warm welcome, so long as you don't mind checking in at 4pm and are comfortable having no concierge or receptionist to call in case you have a problem.

Then there is Myhotel Brighton. A high-class hotel experience at competitive prices. For example our room was £25 more expensive than B&Bs offering a similar level of style but at least £30 cheaper than a sea-front chain hotel a brisk walk from the town centre.

We booked parking at £15 per night and had no problem asking at reception for directions to their car park - just two minutes and a trip around the block later we were in with no problems, although it will test your reverse parking skills, as it's underground you might find it a little snug.

The room itself - a superior double on the third floor - was more than sufficient for our one night stay, although next time I'd like to try something bigger. The bed was clean and comfy, the shower was brisk and all the usual facilities you'd expect were provided. The window was street-facing although we heard little if any street noise. Tip for you though: Our room had roller-blinds and not curtains, remember to use them wisely as there is a friendly-looking office block over the road!

We visited the bar for pre-dinner drinks and it was wonderful, very post-modern, effortlessly cool and guaranteed to impress. Despite their limited cocktail menu they can make pretty much anything you can think of so go armed with the name of your favourite drink and put their mixologists to the test.

We didn't sample the dinner or breakfast options as we were only in Brighton for a short while and you're not exactly short of options given the hotel's great central location.

Would definitely book again, if your partner is professional, image-savvy and likes to have somewhere fancy to brag about to their mates when they get home... Then this is the place!

Room Tip: Rooms to suit every budget but if you're looking to stretch your £££ further try booking through...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here as part of a business trip. It certainly isn't like most business hotels! The room is funky with a wall light fixture that had mood coloring. Nice double bed in the middle of the room with minimalist furniture. Tea, coffee, biscuits - the usual stuff was also on offer. The cafe downstairs serves breakfast with fabulous lattes although I found protein to be limited and therefore had the chocolate twist croissant (fabulous but not good for the waistline). Two downsides - no on site gym and no onsite restaurant beyond breakfast. No big issue in the sense that you are surrounded by good restaurants (the Chili Indian at the corner was good). Would definitely stay again but would request a room at the back as I'm a light sleeper and was kept awake by kids skating up and down the street and by the Tesco truck making early morning deliveries.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should ask for a room away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Really snazzy modern themed hotel! I've stayed twice & both times I can't complain - room was brilliant and nicely decorated except it is a bit of a maze to find when you first get there!
Hotel staff couldn't be nicer and were so polite! Bar was amazing and the coffee shop do the best flat whites so try it!
Would recomment this hotel to anyone, I love it & will be staying again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great place very unique wonderful service and amazing bar. If you like your vodka this is a must go to hotel. The room are well equiped and modern. the hotel location is ideal close to many great restaurants, bars and even close to the beach. Everyone is very helpful and keen to put you in the right direction.

Room Tip: All room are great
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Loucas P
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Designer hotel right in the thick of Brighton life. Fab design and great bar. Parking is a challenge so gave up and parked elsewhere. Breakfast was unusual but very good. My teenager daughter particularly lived the whole experience.

• Stayed: October 2012