“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Birmingham
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel was booked by a friend for my boyfriend and I as a present. I admit it is not somewhere I would have chosen however it was a great place to stay. The service from start to finish was top notch. Our room (an upgraded double) was spacious and nicely decorated - very unusual contemporary design - I loved it! Especially the bathroom 'pod' design. Very clean, relaxing and welcoming. The bar is also a great design with some very good cocktails. A eay walk to the seafront, town centre and station with parking underneath if you are driving. Book it now!! We had a fantastic weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

It lived up to the excellent reviews, beautiful ultra modern hotel. The room was lovely, very clean, and the most comfortable bed!! The pillows and quilt were like marshmallow . The only negative would be breakfast, not a good selection, they had filled rolls and croissants , I asked for a cheese roll ,they said no. Apart from that, friendly staff. Will go back.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

From the moment I entered until the time I drove away, I was made to feel that the staff would do everything to ensure I had the most enjoyable stay! It is a pity that I could only stay for the one night. Muchos gracias Natalia :)

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I love My Hotel, coolest rooms I have seen in any hotel and the staff have their customer service down to a T.
Stayed their last for a mini honeymoon trip after our wedding and were treated to free champagne :)
Only problem is the location is right opposite a Tescos and and lorries in the morning can be quite a racket.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed here in a double room in September. I think the room rate was around £150ish (company paid for it) and that was too much.

At first glance the room looked very stylish. Over styled for my tastes but would suit some people. However, the bathroom was dirty & the sink cracked. Moreover, I'd asked for a quiet room as I had to be up to work at 6am, but was worken up by loud music coming through the floor at midnight. After ringing down to reception, it was turned down for 10minutes & then turned back up louder until 2am.

I wouldn't go back. The one good thing about the hotel is the fantastic Indian restaurant that is part of it. That I would go back to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mavisraveis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

went last night with my partner 15/10/2012 for my Birthday for cocktails, and we both were not dissapointed at all, we started with Champagne cocktails, and our Barman was happy then to make us different types of cocktails throughout our visit, he was so very knowledgable, it was a great start to my eveining, and the bar was busy for a monday evening, and it was spotless, with happy staff whom were only to happy to assist you, we then requested a taxi to take us to dinner at Drakes Restaurant as it was a Surprise for my Birthday, but the taxi never came, so we got into another that was sitting outside the hotel, so a big ket down to City Cabs, I am glad they can turn down the business.

1 Thank Barry S
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the good price and the excellent Tripadvisor rating. I'm contributing this review to point out one or two negatives that might be relevant.

1. The hotel has no sign saying "hotel" outside. I'd forgotten the name of the hotel & was walking up and down the street unable to find it... (It has a subtle understated sign saying "my". Probably this suffices for the hotel's usual clientele.)
2. The hotel rooms are equipped according to a principle that eschews utilitarian furniture, such as cupboards, and replaces it by functionless sculptural wire spikes that jut out from the wall at eye height. Quirky, but inconvenient, and perilous to the dim of sight.
3. The door to the toilet stall is made of glass with a hole in it, and presents no barrier whatever to the sight, sound and smell of defecation. If sharing the room with a companion, be sure that you are comfortable with experiencing the sight, sound and smell of each other's defecation.

I expect Brighton is for people who know a small "my" signifies a hotel, who delight in furnishings that shun usefulness and embrace danger, and who are without inhibition or fastidiousness when it comes to defecating or being defecated next to. I submit this review for the benefit only of the rare visitor who is not one of those people Brighton is for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends