“Gorgeous hotel, with fantastic funky bar- be careful you dont flash passers-by”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We did have some trouble with check-in , they told me that the booking had been cancelled. Maybe they didnt like the look of me because i was in fancy dress (it was my birthday and my friends made me do it !) - but you should never judge a book by its cover and their website does declare that the hotel is a good place to go and have fun ! Anyway, after an hour and a half they finally checked all 8 of us into 4 rooms. They also provided a free bottle of champagne. The rooms were lovely, funky, airy and spacious. Do watch out for the large floor to ceiling windows though- there are roller-blinds at the windows and nothing else and no-it isnt one-way glass so remember to wear something or the people in the street below and at the pub next door will get a good eyeful !! Maybe they should consider having a second roller blind in some kind of mesh material for a bit of privacy, whilst still letting through the light.
Also, despite the plus sockets having stickers on declaring they were for phones and laptops only, it is ok to plug in your hairdryers and straightners - a bit confusing really.
Once I was wearing normal clothing we found the staff to be warm, friendly and helpful. The bar is gorgeous and I definately recommend the Mytiki cocktails - although they are £11 they come with a fire-show which has everyone watching.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for My Brighton

Reviewed May 8, 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend in November and loved it!!

Rooms: rooms are very spacious and modern with a massive comfy bed. Our room had huge Flat screen TV and you could even plug your ipod in and listen to music through the celling mounted speakers. The bathroom area and room are all open plan- not ideal for everyone.

Location: in the centre of town, can walk to shops and bars easily.

Food/drink: we didn't eat in the hotel so can't really comment BUT the hotel bar is amazing- you have to try their cocktails!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We booked Myhotel for a group of 8 of us celebrating hubby's 40th birthday. In advance of our stay I colluded with the events team to ensure a few extras were made available (champers) for when we arrived. They also very kindly upgraded our room as a treat for his birthday. Whilst this was great service, it wasn't replicated upon arrival and I had to prompt the desk staff to organise things for me (though that was done quickly and efficiently I would've expected them to be ready for guests who have made arrangements in advance). Our rooms were ready early (which is always such a relief) and we took our champers to a function room where the Royal Wedding was being shown on the flatscreen (a nice touch!).
The room we had was very stylish and the photograps on the website are a good representation of the hotel rooms. My only constructive comments would be that whilst the superior rooms have a large wardrobe there are very few hangers (common I know in many hotels) and there is no shelving space at all, it's taken up with the drinks tray and hospitality tray. We got around this by taking both trays out but you shouldn't have to really. I know that's a niggly point and to be fair it had no impact on our comfort at all but it's a point that can be addressed easily (and I have given the hotel this feedback in their guest questionnaire). The bathroom area was well lit with plenty of mirrors and the shower fabulous!

We made use of the bar on the second night though I was tired (it was after our night out) and I'd like to have sampled their cocktail menu (which I'll be sure to do next time).

Location wise, I can't speak highly enough of this hotel. Everything's on your doorstep and whilst parking is expensive, it is everywhere in Brighton but the benefit is you can actually park at the hotel.

In summary, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Brighton and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I have some mixed feelings about my stay at Myhotel. I booked this hotel because it was an award-winning, trendy hotel with a good location. Location is indeed good, town centre is nearby, you can’t find a better deal. Check-in at the reception was very friendly! We asked to park our car in the basement of the hotel and we were charged 15 pounds for 1 night, which is quite expensive, if you ask me. I enjoyed the architecture of the building and the corridors. Our room was a basic room, but still spacious enough. I wasn’t able to open my window, which was a bummer. I had a serious problem of sleeping in, because I heard a light noise the whole night in my room. It was not very loud and I think it was something from the airco in our room or the airco system that was outside and nearby our room. Besides that, the fire alarm of the hotel went on at 6 o’clock in the morning and everybody went out to evacuate. Luckily, this was a false alarm and we were able to return our rooms after 10 minutes, but as you can read, sleeping was a problem that night! We got a continental breakfast, but I will remember my dinner the night before at the Indian restaurant next to the hotel lots more! Wi-fi on my IPOD didn’t work for me in the whole hotel. (I tried the reception area and different areas) When checking-out, I asked a small compensation, because of the terrible night, but was not given. After all, maybe I had chosen the wrong day to visit this hotel, but I don’t think I would return to it after this. Friendly personnel though.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Went there from the 30th of april to the 2nd of may with my gf for our 10th anniversary.

Room was very good, to be honest it was better than i was expecting and compared to the other hotel i saw along the beach, i would say that myhotel looked a lot better and newer.

Bed was very comfy and decent size, we booked the superior room which has a bed placed in the middle of the room. Quite cool i would say.

Highly recommended and would definetely stay there again if im in brighton again.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice before and love it as the staff are very efficient, hotel is in a great location and the rooms are lovely. However, this time round I think I draw teh short straw when it came to the room - it wasn't tiny but there no no wardrobe and not even a drawer to put your things in which was fine as we were only there for 1 night but for longer this would not be good!! This was a standard double room but I've booked this room size before and always had both a wardrobe to hang my things in. Obviosuly this meant I needed to iron my clothes - again no iron but Housekeeping delivered this very quickly but unfortunately the iron didn't work! However, another one apeared within 5 minutes.

I would stay again but would stress that I wanted a room WITH sufficient hanging space for my clothes, which I do not feel is much to ask for considering what I paid for the room.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

Stayed here for an overnight short break with my husband. The hotel is very quirky. The rooms are trendy and clean - reasonably sized for a short break. Too small for a longer stay. It is fairly centrally located but this comes with street noise during the night - probably only to be expected in the middle of Brighton. I have a few gripes - there are no bathrobes, although there were two of us there was only single sachets of shampoo, shower gel, etc., there was no iPod/mp3 player as mentioned on the website and we had booked a superior double, also, I think for £149 breakfast should be included - I have stayed at Drakes hotel for the same money, breakfast was included and the room was far superior.
Overall I enjoyed my stay but don't see what all the fuss is about this hotel - I can't see how it manages to be so high up the trip advisor register.