“Terrible salad, dessert and attitude of waiter”
Review of Zizzi - Brighton

Zizzi - Brighton
Ranked #438 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don't do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We're all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Zizzi Brighton in the heart of the historic Lanes area of Brighton, in amongst a maze of twisting alleyways, antique shops and boutiques. Downstairs the themes of the Royal Pavilion, Brighton seafront and the Mods and Rockers of the 60's influence the colour palette. Upstairs the art wall montage of postcards from Brighton help to transform the dining area into a sophisticated yet edgy space. It's the perfect to stop by for a bite to eat in Brighton.Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather. And if you're celebrating big, see if our private dining area is right for you.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Zizzis has been my favourite chain restaurant for several years now and I seek them out wherever I go. Usually, a very safe pair of hands and I'd go so far as to say I've had many fantastic, even memorable meals at Zizzi restaurants of fantastic quality delivered with fautless service. Sadly, on this occasion, Thurs 14th March, the meal and attitude of our waiter in this particular Zizzi (Prince Albert St, Brighton) was awful. I ordered the beetroot and riccotta slalad, (having enjoyed the butternut squash salad in other branches on previous occassions). What I got was a plate of rocket with the tiniest evidence of either beetroot or ricotta. I immediately delved into the rocket to retrieve any pieces of what was meant to be the significant if not the main ingredients of my meal & found fragments that amounted to one very small beetroot and approx' 4 tiny teaspoons of ricotta. Seeing this lined along the ridge of my plate our waiter came over & asked if everything was ok and I very politely said that I was disappointed: the salad was meant to be beetroot and ricotta and there was barely any, just a plate of rocket. Without apology or good grace he said, "I could ask chef for some more beetroot and ricotta for you." Some time later he returned with a plate with one tiny wedge of beetroot (probably less than a quarter of the smallest beetroot you could visualise) and a dessert spoon of ricotta. I nearly burst out laughing. It was clearly a joke. I decided not to say anything to avoid upsetting my evening . And nor did I say anything when my doughsticks dessert arrived consisting of partially burnt dough sticks (literally black in the middle) and a "hot" chocolate sauce that was in fact cold. Again, it was so poor it could only have been a mickey-take. We then sat there for ages being completely ignored despite clearly being finished while the staff cleared up and wiped down tables around us. Thank God we kept calm and our senses of humour, otherwise it could easily have ruined my 2 day birthday trip to Brighton. I really should have taken photos of it. They would now probably make a very funny talking point.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We booked for about 9 of us. Service was prompt and friendly, and the food was tasty. Most of the group had pizza, and I had risotto. Unfortunately the special (fish stew) was not available. All in all a very relaxed evening with friends, efficient and professional service and nice food.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We hadn't booked anywhere and all the restaurants were extremely busy. Zizzi managed to find a table for three. We had olives and a bottle of Prosseco. I choose the Superfood salad with chicken and my friends had the 500 calorie pizza and salad which they said was very nice. My salad was superb and the chicken moist and fresh and I would definitely go back here again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went here on a Wednesday night and it was pretty quiet. We had a lovely table by the window and had some delicious appetizers and an amazing pizza. The red wine was very good too and the service friendly and excellent. I highly recommend this place! One of the best pizzas in Brighton!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Such a great place for lunch or dinner. Has a menu for all. From meat to fish to vegetarian. The staff are great very friendly the never forgot a face.
Great food for great prices.