“Disappointing and overpriced feeling ripped off”

Yo! Sushi - Brighton
Ranked #613 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing and overpriced feeling ripped off”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just waited 20minutes for some takeaway sushi which in the past I have had once and enjoyed. This time it looked thrown together in a much smaller than lady time proportion shoddily made and rudely delivered by a moody manageress. Not at all happy and cost £16 for the privilege.

“poor value for money”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I popped in for lunch with my partner in a "Blue Monday". It was quite busy but the service was very good. We ordered miso soup that it was great. The rest was just average. I really think that even being on offer of 2,50 each tiny dish is too much. Moreover, we were pretty disgusted to watch how the chefs were picking all the food (from raw fish to cooked chicken) all with their hands, one after another, without washing their hands. This is food contamination, and is unacceptable even more in an open kitchen. There were also loads of raw fish sushi, sashimi,... without lids in the carousel.

Well, being already there, we just gave it a go and we ate 5 dishes in total. When we went to pay..... 18 pounds bill!! They also charged us the tap water!!!

We left the restaurant still hungry and feeling ripped off.

1 Thank Laura P
Brighton, United Kingdom
“"Don't judge a book by it's cover" Somethings don't live up to potential!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I really do enjoy the food at Yo Sushi. It's a fun place.. but as said in the title don't judge a book by it's cover. This place really does have the potential in a brilliant location however the staff and service let it down. The foods great however unless visiting yo sushi on an offer day (blue mondays) it can be quiet expensive by the time youve had a drink and a few dishes! and thats before your even full... The staff where a real mixture of pleasent to either grumpy or just un helpful. I asked if 2 of us could sit in one of there booths was told "no there for big groups" was almost like a crime that I asked.. 10 minutes later 1 person sat there.. dissapointing. A lot of potential here that seems to be unforfilled.

• Visited January 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food, awful service”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I've eaten in different Yo! Sushi in UK but this one have a big issue: the staff. They are more interested in chating each other than to attend costumers, I used to go to to have lunch at this restaurant but the fact to have to deal with the staff it's quite annoying, I had to ask for hot food more than twice several times, a blonde waitress was even rude to us when we asked to have some stuff in our second miso soup. If you want something to eat you will need to ask directly to the chefs, actually it's quicker that way than wait for the waiter/waitress. I really enjoy the food but I must say that the portions are becoming smaller for some reason. Overall the food is okey but to have to deal with the staff makes you think if it's worth.

Hove, United Kingdom
“It's fun! But pricey?”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Yo! Sushi is a fun place to eat. Sitting up at the food bar as a conveyor belt passes with little dishes of food. And this is where it can get expensive! The portions are small and it's easy to have half a dozen little snacks and you've spent over £20! Better to order a hot dish of noodles or similar and treat yourself to one little passing dish as a starter. Good service. Super clean.