“Not special”

La Tasca - Brighton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Although I like tapas food and often go to Spain I didn't find this restaurant that great. The portions were fairly small and although tapas dishes in Spain are small they are very cheap and tasty too! I didn't think the food in this restaurant was any of those things. Maybe it's because it is a chain restaurant. I went when it first opened many years ago and I thought it was ok. Now it's just average really and I would probably only visit again if someone was treating me! The staff were friendly enough and the service was ok but in the end if you're going to go back to a restaurant it's the food that has to be the attraction.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Whenever we visit this restaurant we have a great time. The food is always really fresh (especially the seafood as you would expect being on the coast) and well presented.

The staff are REALLY welcoming and efficient & the place has a lovely lived-in Spanish feel. I hope they resist the urge to "modernise" the decor as other La Tasca branches have.

They also serve a great WooWoo cocktail!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Found ourselves eating here after trying two other Tapas Restaurants ..... TIP: Make a booking if you are intending to go to a particular restaurant in Brighton on a Friday night. We ordered a selection of Tapas and a bottle of wine between 3 people. The food was adequate and tasty although the portions were not as big as I have had elsewhere, the service was also fine with not too long a wait. We have eaten in this chain of restaurant before so basically knew what to expect.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Startes were excellent, manchego and olives, but paella 2 types, both were too salty, never been a problem before so would still go back.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The food was enjoyable and service friendly if not a bit slow. However the portion sizes have notably reduced whilst the price seems to have gone up. Altogether a bit pricey for what you get unless you apply for a loyalty card which is free and gives you 20% off food.